TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Also, any idea if you can apply to the Baker McKenzie/W&C/Hogan Lovells Direct Training Contracts in this cycle if you've been rejected from their vacation scheme process?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any link that compiles upcoming training contract application dates?

• 🏆
    Reactions: George Maxwell and IT7

psr23

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 15, 2020
    Has anyone on here applied to a firm that they did not meet the A-level requirements for but were successful regardless?
    I have! I do have mitigating circumstances. I feel some firms really take this into account and have progressed me to AC, and I think I have written stronger apps for other firms that have rejected me. Could be other factors too, but I do feel some firms are stricter and some are lenient

Reactions: AvniD and Brandon93

Brandon93

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2018
    I have! I do have mitigating circumstances. I feel some firms really take this into account and have progressed me to AC, and I think I have written stronger apps for other firms that have rejected me. Could be other factors too, but I do feel some firms are stricter and some are lenient
    Thank you for this. I don't have mitigating circumstances but I was considering applying to Latham for the Direct TC. Don't think I'll bother given that their A-level requirements seem pretty strict.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hello, everyone. Does anyone have an idea about when Ashurst gets back to people who've applied via the Direct TC? I mean I am aware that they are non-rolling so they will obv get back after 31st March 2022 but from what I've read about Ashurst, they tend to get back pretty late, sometimes a year after people submit their apps. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Hello, everyone. Does anyone have an idea about when Ashurst gets back to people who've applied via the Direct TC? I mean I am aware that they are non-rolling so they will obv get back after 31st March 2022 but from what I've read about Ashurst, they tend to get back pretty late, sometimes a year after people submit their apps. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.
    Unfortunately from what I have experienced I can vouch for this.. I applied last year and never received an outcome despite sending email chasers for an update. I also thought my app and test scores were pretty strong so kinda sucks

• 🤝
    Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.