TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCinpipeline

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 31, 2021
Out of interest, are there any legal PAs on the forum who are looking to get a training contract and can share their journey so far in the application process? Also @Jessica Booker will most recruiters still take into account legal assistant tasks such as proofreading documents to showcase transferable skills like attention to detail as legal experience or if you see the legal PA position title and immediately think the tasks like the proofreading one given in TC answers as not relevant to class that person as a potential TC candidate?
Thank you.

Last edited:

reesal98

Nov 2, 2021
Just did a Slaughter and May training contract interview. No idea how it went - some answers were good and others not so much. Really couldn’t get a feel from the partners either on how it went. Anyone had an experience with this?

legalCheek27

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 29, 2020
    Has anyone with a Latham AC received any confirmation re when it’s actually happening? I emailed grad rec last Tuesday with my availability and still haven’t heard when my interview’s happening. I know it’ll be on either Tues or Weds next week, but thought they would’ve confirmed by now. Should I follow up or are others in the same boat?

tc.la.vs

Esteemed Member
    Mar 1, 2021
    Just did a Slaughter and May training contract interview. No idea how it went - some answers were good and others not so much. Really couldn’t get a feel from the partners either on how it went. Anyone had an experience with this?
    had mine a week ago and still waiting to hear... had a similar vibe. v confusing. good luck!! lmk if you hear!

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Has anyone with a Latham AC received any confirmation re when it’s actually happening? I emailed grad rec last Tuesday with my availability and still haven’t heard when my interview’s happening. I know it’ll be on either Tues or Weds next week, but thought they would’ve confirmed by now. Should I follow up or are others in the same boat?
    is this for Direct TC? I thought they were non-rolling

gaininglaw

Standard Member
    Feb 25, 2022
    I spoke to grad rec and think it gets sent out 5 days before interview - the case study bit we do in our own time not on the day :) x

Reactions: legalCheek27

John Doe

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 18, 2021
    Fieldfisher 2023 TC AC invite
    Hi @hunt4tc500 and @IsaacDundas congratulations on your AC invites! May I ask how many questions you were asked during the telephone interview? If I also may ask - what are the broader theme(s) of the telephone interview, were they competency/strengths or commercial awareness related?

Thank you! - As I applied for 2024 TC and have yet to receive a telephone interview invite, I'd much likee to know just in case I do get invited.

Reactions: AspiringTrainee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.