TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeRegretToInformYou

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
hi, I have two questions please:
- I have completed an application form but I am waiting for my final degree results which I get next week. should I submit now or just wait ?
- also, does any one know if Freshfields tc is rolling ?

thank you !

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
Had a bit of a nightmare and any advice would be appreciated.

I was doing a Watson Gaser test I had been sent to complete and had answered all the questions with about 4 mins to spare. I wanted to go back and check a few answers I had done as I wasn't sure about them so tried to scroll along the answers at the bottom to go back to the beginning. I was doing the test on a mac laptop and so when trying to scroll backwards I actually did the mac command to go back to the previous page and the test went back to the welcome page. I had hoped my answers would still be there but when I went back to the test my time was still counting down. None of my answers had been saved and I only had time to reselect about 5 of my answers...

I have tried to call grad recruitment but couldn't get through so left a message.

@Jessica Booker is this an issue you encountered and do you think it is likely to negatively impact my application / result in an automatic rejection?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

I was doing a Watson Gaser test I had been sent to complete and had answered all the questions with about 4 mins to spare. I wanted to go back and check a few answers I had done as I wasn't sure about them so tried to scroll along the answers at the bottom to go back to the beginning. I was doing the test on a mac laptop and so when trying to scroll backwards I actually did the mac command to go back to the previous page and the test went back to the welcome page. I had hoped my answers would still be there but when I went back to the test my time was still counting down. None of my answers had been saved and I only had time to reselect about 5 of my answers...

I have tried to call grad recruitment but couldn't get through so left a message.

@Jessica Booker is this an issue you encountered and do you think it is likely to negatively impact my application / result in an automatic rejection?
Technical issues happen - it's likely to just be reset. Unfortunately, you will just need to wait for the GR team to come back to you though. If you haven't heard from them by Friday, give them a call again/

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and ellensdaleoriginal

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022

Hi! I had this exact situation happen to me - I pressed backwards on a mac and the whole thing reset. After that I was locked out and couldn’t do anything. I emailed graduate recruitment of the firm and they responded about 3 hours later and just reset the entire test for me! Try not to stress too much, I know it’s the worst feeling but hopefully they can resolve it for you

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2020
Technical issues happen - it's likely to just be reset. Unfortunately, you will just need to wait for the GR team to come back to you though. If you haven't heard from them by Friday, give them a call again/

Hi! I had this exact situation happen to me - I pressed backwards on a mac and the whole thing reset. After that I was locked out and couldn’t do anything. I emailed graduate recruitment of the firm and they responded about 3 hours later and just reset the entire test for me! Try not to stress too much, I know it’s the worst feeling but hopefully they can resolve it for you
Thank you both! Grad rec got in touch and I have managed to redo the test (without any issues this time)!

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
@Rob93 it's great to have you back! Feels like a long time since I have seen you on the forum!
!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought about you yesterday as i took my train from st pauls to greenwich! (I’d seen the words PRIVATE EQUITY on someone’s phone). so glad to see you back on here, friend!
Good to be back! Been quite busy with work since March so stepped back from apps and the forum, false start on my previous bc of medical emergency but now to hunker down for a couple direct TCs!

Hope everything's going well all around?

• 🏆
Reactions: Adrian_S and George Maxwell
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.