TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Has anyone completed the Watson Farley video interview for direct TC? If so, what kind of questions did they ask and how long do you get to answer each q's ?
It starts off with a practice question then followed by 2 questions!

Apparently the questions are generated randomly from a question bank so every candidate gets different ones. I had a strengths question and a commercial awareness question.

You have 1 minute 30 seconds to answer each question. No chance to re-record.

Reactions: Scandi

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I’ve seen 2 WG invites on Friday. But, I can see my application has not been updated since I submitted? Does anyone know what that means…
    It means thdy have not looked at your application. As far as I know last updated means when graduate rec open your application. But I don't know much about what it means this is what I think.

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 9, 2022
    I think the message is probably incorrect in the fact they haven’t interviewed too many candidates. I wonder if you got a “template” rejection that was sent to people at all stages of the recruitment process?

I wouldn’t ask on LinkedIn. I would go back to the recruiter and ask the feedback given you have been interviewed and basically insinuate that you will consider raising a Subject Access Request to obtain as much detail as possible if they aren’t able to provide a short summary as to why you have been unsuccessful.

The only time I wouldn’t do this is if it was a pre-recorded questions video interview. Then I wouldn’t hold out much hope for feedback given the higher volumes of candidates who will complete that stage.
    I would've thought it was template but I haven't even heard from H&L yet and I applied ages ago

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.