TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi guys,

For those who completed their undergraduate abroad, how do you include all your modules on your CV? I have completed 31 exams without taking into account the GDL and LPC, how am I supposed to include everything? I wrote an email to the GR team but they have not replied yet.

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
I’ve read on their website that Travers Smith recruit mainly from their vac scheme and am now thinking may not be worth the app. Has anyone had experience with them before or thoughts on this please ?
I read the same but I also read elsewhere that if they haven't filled up all their places, then they make the decision to open up the direct TC applications later in the summer (hence the late and shorter application window). It's worth applying as they've opened it, at best it's a yes and at worst it's a no!

Reactions: AvniD and applicationqs

Bestkid98

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 22, 2020
I’ve read on their website that Travers Smith recruit mainly from their vac scheme and am now thinking may not be worth the app. Has anyone had experience with them before or thoughts on this please ?
I did the VS with them this cycle which led to a TC - and would still say throw your hat in the ring as you never know. From my knowledge they’ve increased their TC intake so are looking to recruit more trainees, so you’ll never know unless you try. If you need help with the process drop me a DM always happy to help.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

thefutureladylawyer

Star Member
Jul 14, 2022
I did the VS with them this cycle which led to a TC - and would still say throw your hat in the ring as you never know. From my knowledge they’ve increased their TC intake so are looking to recruit more trainees, so you’ll never know unless you try. If you need help with the process drop me a DM always happy to help.
Is the Travers Smith cycle still open?

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Last year they didn't even open direct TC apps because they had sufficient recruitment from their vac schemes. So the fact that they've opened them this year would suggest that there are genuinely spots available. As someone else has said they recently increased trainee intake from 30 to 40. Worth a shot I would say!

Last edited:

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    when you hit ‘my jobs’ you should be able to see your ‘completed submissions’ and under the relevant application you should see a line that says ‘submission status’. that line will tell you when that application was last ‘updated’.

tbf im unsure whether changes to submission status are meaningful
    Yes exactly what @Adrian_S said in the post above.
    Thanks both!

• Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.