TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Does anyone know if the WG test deducts your overall score for incorrect answers? I mean is it better to attempt everything or does skipping questions we are unsure of make any sense? Thanks.
    yes your score is deducted from what i've understood, so you should aim for at least 30/40

and not answering all the questions will reduce your marks

please correct me if im wrong ^^

Reactions: newtothis

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    And the advice I've come across, and what has worked for me, is being very efficient in answering everything, even the questions i am not sure of, so that I have like 5-10 minutes to spare. And then for the remaining time i go back and double check everything/spend more time

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    yes your score is deducted from what i've understood, so you should aim for at least 30/40

and not answering all the questions will reduce your marks

please correct me if im wrong ^^
    Hi @Jessica Booker could you please confirm if the WG test deducts your overall score for incorrect answers? I mean is it better to attempt everything or does skipping questions we are unsure of make any sense? Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know if the WG test deducts your overall score for incorrect answers? I mean is it better to attempt everything or does skipping questions we are unsure of make any sense? Thanks.
    This is complicated and not always consistent across assessments.

Ultimately try to answer as many questions as possible. I wouldn't randomly tick answers though if you ran out of time. It would be better to spend time trying to answer 1 question well rather than answer 4 questions randomly.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Wanted to ask what I should do if my summer vac scheme for one firm turns into a TC offer before I finish any Direct TC process?
    You can contact the direct TC applicant firms and see if they can make a decision on your application earlier.

Or you can see if your offer period (the number of days you have to accept the original TC offer) can be extended.

Or you can accept and then renege the original offer if required. The only time it becomes difficult to do this is if you receive any form of financial or educational support (even if it just completing/submitting onboarding forms for a SQE course) from the firm you are accepting an offer with.

Reactions: EM23
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.