TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Same, I'm planning for winter, but no news is no news.

When I applied to Debevoise & Plimpton in 2019, I was CONVINCED it was a no, and I re-read my application and found legion typos and spelling errors, I thought I'd come over as stiff and stubborn in the interview, but I ended up getting the VS.

It's not over 'til it's over.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    "within the next week" - W&C
    me for the next week refreshing my email:
    Nervous Spongebob Squarepants GIF

• Haha
    Reactions: Adrian_S

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    Hi everyone,

I had an AC today (my first one ever) and the interviewers asked me about the firm's competitors, and factors which distinguish others from the market. But they did not explicitly ask me why I wanted to work at the firm...I answered their questions and mentioned some deals which I found interesting but I am concerned that this did not flesh out my motivations to work there enough. The interviewers did not probe further and moved onto competencies - is this a bad sign?

Thanks a lot
    I don't think this is a bad sign at all. I think firms have various different ways of seeing your interest in them and motivation to work there that aren't just asking point blank "why do you want to work for us" - asking about competitors is just another way to see how well you've researched the firm and why you may have chosen them over other firms that are very similar to them in the market. Also, they know that everyone will probably prepare a "why us" answer, so by asking different variations of it they can see how well you adapt your answer to fit what they've asked. I'm sure you did great!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.