TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

cls33

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2022
Just thought i'd let anyone in the same boat know that I asked the FF grad rec team for my WG score in which they replied 'We, unfortunately, are not sending out Watson Glaser Test Reports at this stage of the process. This can be requested from us once outcomes for the forthcoming stage have been confirmed.'

• 🤝
  • 🏆
Reactions: born&raised and gw9

born&raised

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 30, 2021
Just thought i'd let anyone in the same boat know that I asked the FF grad rec team for my WG score in which they replied 'We, unfortunately, are not sending out Watson Glaser Test Reports at this stage of the process. This can be requested from us once outcomes for the forthcoming stage have been confirmed.'
Thank you!! Also - was it just a standard WG test?

LO

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2020
Does anybody know what the chances are of converting a Clyde & Co vac scheme to a TC offer? Or how many they have on vac scheme compared to how many training contracts they offer? Thanks!

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
Has Links absolutely given up on recruiting through direct TC? Has this long a wait ever transpired before? Tried mailing them but no reply :(
They’re currently only doing AC’s for fast-tracked applicants. So people who have been on their open days or pathfinder scheme etc. Someone who did a VS AC with Links in Jan told me that. Grad rec told her that they have two months back to back of AC’s. So I don’t think they’ve begun inviting people to AC’s for the direct TC route. Maybe they’ll start sending invites in the next two weeks. Hopefully…

svb4ever97

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2022
They’re currently only doing AC’s for fast-tracked applicants. So people who have been on their open days or pathfinder scheme etc. Someone who did a VS AC with Links in Jan told me that. Grad rec told her that they have two months back to back of AC’s. So I don’t think they’ve begun inviting people to AC’s for the direct TC route. Maybe they’ll start sending invites in the next two weeks. Hopefully…
not true actually! My friend was not fast-tracked and he had an interview for a direct TC with linklaters (not fast-tracked)

• Wow
Reactions: Humanoidlawyer

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! Does anyone know how Freshfields' application process works? As they consider the Watson Glaser and application score together, and send multiple batches of WG - does receiving a WG invite in an earlier batch mean a higher application score, and possibly a lower WG threshold? #overthinkingmax 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.