TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobbb

Sep 14, 2020
Too early to know if I've progressed to the AC for FF post WG yet but how is everyone prepping? Their AC is a bit different than others' with only the proofreading exercise and 2 interviews. No group excercises of presentations etc. Particularly the analytical interview - I was at their grad workshop and the analytical interview had v little law-related things in it it seemed like? More like common business sense
Yess I did their AC last year and the analytical interview had no law at all. It was just business :) At some point they literally told me put myself in the shoes of a CEO / investment fund manager for some questions - hope that helps!

kmo20

Legendary Member
Jan 20, 2023
Hi everyone, I am new to this thread and thinking of applying through the direct TC route (currently in my final year of my degree). I have not had a vacation scheme although I have various work experience/volunteering/firm open days. Is it worth applying, or am I likely to be unsuccessful? Thank you for your help in advance :)

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
I just got an email from Freshfields (post-WG) noting my preference for the August 2025 intake, saying they have limited availability for that intake, and inviting me to an AC for the February 2026 intake instead.

Freshfields AC too!!

Received FF AC invite yesterday!! This is my first AC ever, would be super grateful for any tips on how to start preparing. Also, if anyone's done an AC with them previously, can I pls DM you? Thanks! 😄
Congrats! Which dates were available to choose from?

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi everyone, I am new to this thread and thinking of applying through the direct TC route (currently in my final year of my degree). I have not had a vacation scheme although I have various work experience/volunteering/firm open days. Is it worth applying, or am I likely to be unsuccessful? Thank you for your help in advance :)
    Many people go the direct TC route instead of the vacation scheme conversion route. It sounds like you have plenty of legal experience so I reckon it is definitely worth applying to direct TC's if that is the route you would prefer.

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Wait so FF have sent out all of their AC already damn :(((((((((((
    Personally, I don't think so. The people who received a response from FF are all about changing intakes (as they chose Autumn 2025), while I haven't seen anyone getting an AC other than that. Don't think the current emails are official invitations as well, as there are no links to book slots. I guess FF will send all the proper invitations out either today, Monday, or Tuesday.

Not sure which intake did you opt for haah. I guess we can only wait and keep hopes high.

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    Joining this forum because my VS applications haven't been going too well. Is there ever a 'too early' application? Someone on the VS chat said they got rejected because of applying too early whilst someone else said that they got rejected from a firm because 'a month in advance of the deadline is too late'. I'm sure it varies between firms but would like some advice on that @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Joining this forum because my VS applications haven't been going too well. Is there ever a 'too early' application? Someone on the VS chat said they got rejected because of applying too early whilst someone else said that they got rejected from a firm because 'a month in advance of the deadline is too late'. I'm sure it varies between firms but would like some advice on that @Jessica Booker
    When someone is rejected it is not because they applied too early from a date perspective, but more so they may have benefitted from doing more research or building their skills set/experience up before applying.

Applying late can take a risk that the firm fills all its interview slots up if the firm recruits on a rolling basis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.