Status
Not open for further replies.

born&raised

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 30, 2021
Hi! If anyone has done the AC for Freshfields previously - how would you recommend preparing for the article interview?

I have not done any case study or article interview before, so would you recommend doing specific M&A, Private Equity, or any other area of law prep? (not sure about this as it's an article interview and not a case study). Also, for broader commercial concepts (apart from news), is there any source I can refer to?

Would be super grateful for any help. Thanks! 😄

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi! If anyone has done the AC for Freshfields previously - how would you recommend preparing for the article interview?

I have not done any case study or article interview before, so would you recommend doing specific M&A, Private Equity, or any other area of law prep? (not sure about this as it's an article interview and not a case study). Also, for broader commercial concepts (apart from news), is there any source I can refer to?

Would be super grateful for any help. Thanks! 😄
Hey! Have you got the email to book a slot yet?

Reactions: aleo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Also isnt it strange to be asking people to interview for 2026? That's 3 years from now, most firms let you even start early...
6 months until September
Then the final year of a degree
A year of doing an SQE course + assessments

And if you are a non-lawyer, the GDL for another year too.

The time can easily be taken up!

Reactions: newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I graduated law in 2022. I wonder if they're approaching uni students for now?
Yes - the reason why they are recruiting so far in advance is because they are recruiting penultimate year law undergraduates and final year non-law graduates to training contracts. It’s been this way for decades.

psr23

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2020
I just logged on to the BCLP Vantage page to apply for the direct TC and its saying no roles available - is it possible they've closed their apps early? They were there on Friday, and the deadline was 31 May...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.