Status
Not open for further replies.

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
Has anyone not had any response from Freshfields for 2025 TC? I've had neither a rejection or WG invite and it seems everyone else has at least heard back in some way
Have you checked the workday portal? Still strange that they haven’t been in contact, but I think some people said theirs updated to show as completed if it was a rejection.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Quick question that I'm hoping you may be able to help with @Jessica Booker, I am mostly applying for direct training contracts this year.

I'm wondering if I get to the interview stage for the Direct TC applications, will I be asked why I didn't apply for their firms VS? Considering it will be obvious I have applied to VS's, as I have two lined up.

I didn't apply for many VSs as I am in full-time employment atm and didn't want to be expending all of my annual leave on VS's. Does this sound like a bit of a cop-out?
Yes, that could easily be a question but you have the rationale as to why you didn’t, so I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s not a cop out.

kasey

Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2022
I'm a penultimate year student and didn't manage to secure a VS this summer. I had post-AC rejections for 3 MC firms for this cycle and I'm wondering whether or not to go for direct TC. One of them offered me an open day in return for VS. I felt that I've made it so close yet still miles away, and I know I've got a lot to work on myself after those rejections. Will there be chances for a direct TC applicant without a VS? What would be the best way to improve on AC skills? I feel that I didn't perform terribly but not exceptionally well either @Jessica Booker

• Sad
Reactions: Cryingtiger
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.