TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Has anyone received anything from Baker today or yesterday? They're being very quiet and I wonder if it's because it's their VS right now and it ends next week (makes me wonder if they'll make us wait until after that is over for WG or even VI invites)
I think they sent some WG invites yesterday, but not the actual test yet!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hogan Lovells Training Contract offer received today, insanely happy and the perfect news before the weekend 😁
This is amazing news - congratulations!

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Reactions: adamBS

StemGrad2020

Mar 27, 2023
If you have a TC secured and the SQE is fully funded by your company, do you get put into a special SQE class with just your trainee intake from your firm? And would the start/end dates of your course be specific to your firm?

It seems that the LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) is just over 13 months and runs Sep - Nov. But the firm describes it as being August to August. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you have a TC secured and the SQE is fully funded by your company, do you get put into a special SQE class with just your trainee intake from your firm? And would the start/end dates of your course be specific to your firm?

It seems that the LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) is just over 13 months and runs Sep - Nov. But the firm describes it as being August to August. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?
There isn’t a set answer to this. It really depends on the firm your TC is with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.