Not open for further replies.

laurabeaumont

Valued Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
May 30, 2023
Hi all. The Stephenson Harwood TC application does not specifically ask for academic awards.
The kind of thing my school gives out are dean's list award, and class medals.

I was thinking of including them in the section which says,
"Please use this space for additional information about your
undergraduate degree."

Does anyone have any insight about whether they actually specifically don't want this information.
If there isn't a directly applicable section for awards then, yes, definitely mention it there!

Fd321

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Mar 3, 2023
Does anyone know whether your past applications stay on firms databases I.e. so you can look at them on their website for next cycle to reflect. Or is it best to save them externally. I’m worried that my apps will just disappear/ be deleted once the cycle is over.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know whether your past applications stay on firms databases I.e. so you can look at them on their website for next cycle to reflect. Or is it best to save them externally. I’m worried that my apps will just disappear/ be deleted once the cycle is over.
Each firm will have a data retention policy that will typically hold the data for a period of time (usually 6-12 months after the application closes or the recruitment concludes) but not indefinitely. Therefore, I would always recommend saving your applications for your our reasons/purposes.

Reactions: Fd321

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
To anyone that's done the power minigame on NRF's Arctic Shores, was there actually any pattern to it? I felt like that's the only game I had a gripe with

Marco Polo

Dec 2, 2022
Hi,
I am filling out my application for Weil's direct TC rn. If when answering the question on what attracts me to Weil I mention their international aspect, is it a good idea to link it to my own international experience or should I stick to talking about the firm?

hw12

Star Member
  • Jun 21, 2022
    Hi,
    I am filling out my application for Weil's direct TC rn. If when answering the question on what attracts me to Weil I mention their international aspect, is it a good idea to link it to my own international experience or should I stick to talking about the firm?
    I think you should always link it back to why their international aspect appeals to you. If you believe your own international experience substantiates that element, you should make it explicit!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.