TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
Has anyone had any comms from HogLov at all? It's been shy of 3 months since their deadline, and over 3 months since most of us applied. From what I can see there are no PFOs OR invites to AC?
I got a PFO on 18 April - did my test 11 Feb. Honestly, I've always had a bad experience with their graduate recruitment. Given how long we spend on these apps and how large the firm is, I think it's quite unfair to keep us waiting that long. I hope you do hear back soon but there are plenty of other firms who won't take your time or application for granted.

• 🤝
Reactions: spamelinazoid and Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I got a PFO on 18 April - did my test 11 Feb. Honestly, I've always had a bad experience with their graduate recruitment. Given how long we spend on these apps and how large the firm is, I think it's quite unfair to keep us waiting that long. I hope you do hear back soon but there are plenty of other firms who won't take your time or application for granted.
I think they are still recruiting for a key role in their GR team which has been open since the start of the year - if that is the case, it could be one of the key reasons for the delay.

taetae

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
NRF PFO. This really sucks. I did well in the test. My report was all above average. Argh. It's a sign to just give up. This year's application season has been the worst.

Last year I got through to 2 ACs and a couple of video interviews. Even secured a vac scheme at a magic circle firm. You'd think after all that I'd be progressing further with direct TC apps. But no, it's only been rejections all year.

PlscanIhaveaTC

Star Member
Oct 1, 2020
NRF PFO. This really sucks. I did well in the test. My report was all above average. Argh. It's a sign to just give up. This year's application season has been the worst.

Last year I got through to 2 ACs and a couple of video interviews. Even secured a vac scheme at a magic circle firm. You'd think after all that I'd be progressing further with direct TC apps. But no, it's only been rejections all year.
I’m in the same situation - plssss don’t give up if this is your dream!!

Reactions: hopefulforatc

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
Oct 27, 2023

I wonder how much emphasis they put on the Artic Shores Test. I wonder if they still read the applications

Reactions: Untilwinter

RonRod13

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2023

progress is not always linear, dont give up :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker - what would a cover letter consist of if there are also two application questions which cover why law and why X firm? Should I still cover those general points or keep it to why me?
I would focus on "why me".

You can always separate the "why x firm" into why the opportunity at x firm in the application question and then put more of the cultural/working environment aspects of the firm into the cover letter.

Reactions: Aga123+

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.