TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

OllieCockman

Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2024
Has anyone heard back from Kingsley Napley? Their website says "Successful candidates to be contacted: 25th April 2024", but idk if that means KN contacts them BY tmr or ON tmr😬

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't stick with that deadline. The application closing date was the 15th of April, so I'd be shocked if they managed to sift through roughly 500 applications between those two dates!

• Haha
Reactions: aishaslm

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Saw a boutique firm that has their apps open and their client base looks exactly like what I am interested in. The thing is I can't find them really anywhere online not on the Legal 500, or Chambers. They are very small and discreet but also they say they've acted for members of the aristocracy. Is something fishy here?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Saw a boutique firm that has their apps open and their client base looks exactly like what I am interested in. The thing is I can't find them really anywhere online not on the Legal 500, or Chambers. They are very small and discreet but also they say they've acted for members of the aristocracy. Is something fishy here?
Not necessarily - firms have to pay to be listed in these publications and smaller firms may not have the resource or reason to do so.

You can check if they are on the SRA and Law Society websites if you are concerned.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.