TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
I would wait a couple of more weeks if you can, although I know this can be tricky if you have final year exams. I typically say 6-8 weeks before you can start a role, so it will depend on when in July you are looking to start.

You may want to start registering with some recruitment agencies now though, as that process can add on a couple of weeks anyway.
Thanks Jess. When it comes to applying to paralegal roles as a final-year, would you recommend putting module grades on my CV or just overall predicted grade?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jess. When it comes to applying to paralegal roles as a final-year, would you recommend putting module grades on my CV or just overall predicted grade?
You can put modules on your CV. Particularly to highlight relevant modules to the type of role you are applying to or where you have performed well. But it tends to be the case you don’t need to list out module grades in the same way you do for TC applications, so an overall grade whether final or predicted tends to be sufficient. It is just whether you want to highlight grades to strength your application.

Reactions: hannah04

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.