TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
There is not really any difference between a legal internship and a vacation scheme apart from the name. It sounds like you have enough legal experience and a lot of non legal work experience and so I would say you should have no hesitations in applying for TC/Graduate Solicitor Apprenticeships
Thank you very much for clarifying that. I thought recruiters would have looked at it differently because I cant say that it was a vacation scheme. However, I realised that I was completing a lot of work during the work experience. I ended up being given more work to do compared to the vac schemers I completed the internship with.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you very much for clarifying that. I thought recruiters would have looked at it differently because I cant say that it was a vacation scheme. However, I realised that I was completing a lot of work during the work experience. I ended up being given more work to do compared to the vac schemers I completed the internship with.
They really won’t look at it any differently just by name. They will look at what you did on the scheme as an indicator of its value.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.