TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

domli125

Standard Member
Jul 30, 2023
Bit of a dilemma! I got a tc offer this week which I am absolutely over the moon to have received! I have another 5 days to accept. I have been invited to an AC at another firm in a couple of weeks - I really want to go to explore my options as the firm I’m currently holding an offer for doesn’t pay SQE fees. How do I go about navigating this?? Would be really grateful for advice

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Bit of a dilemma! I got a tc offer this week which I am absolutely over the moon to have received! I have another 5 days to accept. I have been invited to an AC at another firm in a couple of weeks - I really want to go to explore my options as the firm I’m currently holding an offer for doesn’t pay SQE fees. How do I go about navigating this?? Would be really grateful for advice
Accept and then renege if required. If you are not receiving any financial support from the firm, you are technically not tied to them until you start your TC.

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Does anyone know when BCLP starts reviewing applications for its direct TC? The application window is 9 months long - it opened at the beginning of September and closes in May of next year. So I'm wondering if anyone knows whether they start reviewing the applications and conducting ACs as soon as some apps come in or wait till like midway through the application window?

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Does anyone know when BCLP starts reviewing applications for its direct TC? The application window is 9 months long - it opened at the beginning of September and closes in May of next year. So I'm wondering if anyone knows whether they start reviewing the applications and conducting ACs as soon as some apps come in or wait till like midway through the application window?
This year I applied in May but still got through. I don't really think they review on a rolling basis as almost nobody on the forum heard before the deadline.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
  • ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.