TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
If CC don’t send an email about the WG immediately or within a day, does that mean the applicant hasn’t attained their passing score seeing as many people here have received responses on their WG test pretty quickly?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Been invited to W&C direct TC assessment day. Has anyone done the TC AC with them before and have any insights/tips? Especially for the group exercise as I can't find much online about it :D
    Good luck and congratulations you are smashing it.

Hope it goes well and remember you got this am rooting for you.

kr

Standard Member
    Dec 27, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I received an email on Friday morning saying I need to complete my test "within the next 2 working days". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean I have to do the test by the end of Monday or is Monday the deadline so I have to do it tonight on Sunday or is Tuesday the deadline so I am okay to do it on the Monday? Thank you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica, I received an email on Friday morning saying I need to complete my test "within the next 2 working days". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean I have to do the test by the end of Monday or is Monday the deadline so I have to do it tonight on Sunday or is Tuesday the deadline so I am okay to do it on the Monday? Thank you :)
    I would count Friday as one day and so it’s likely you will need to complete it by 23.59 tomorrow.

ADKM

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2022
    Congratulations 🎊. Could you please give some suggestions and resources to do well in WG?
    Hey, thanks. I would recommend assessment day. I found their feedback and explanation of the rules for each section very helpful, I thought the language used was very digestible as opposed to other websites. Plus it’s also very comprehensive, they have 86 questions and give 60 minutes to complete.

Secondly, I purchased a subscription from practiceaptitudetests.com

I don’t remember the price but I’m sure it wasn’t a lot. They have 20 WG tests (with timed and untimed options) and each test has 10 questions. So a total of around 228 questions to practice from.

Finally, I’d say just familiarise yourself with the rules of the test. Last week I failed the CMS WG test and realised I completely misunderstood the rules for the arguments section. I thought in arguments, one should take the statement to be true whereas it’s the other way round. You have to take the argument to be true and then evaluate if the argument directly addresses the statement and whether it’s relevant. If yes, then it’s a strong argument otherwise it’s weak. Same is the case with other sections too.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!

Manuchelsout

Legendary Member
    Nov 8, 2023
    A&O email
    Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

Does this mean I failed their test.

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    A&O email
    Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible.

It says they're reviewing your application, so why would you think it means you've failed the test?!

It just sounds like an automated email to me and not something to read into :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    A&O email

No - it’s just an automatic email to notify you they have received your test.

Reactions: Manuchelsout

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.