TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
For Baker McKenzie, one of the questions is about picking one of their clients and coming up with an issue they may be facing. How are we supposed to find a client of theirs when often its not public info? are we to focus on press releases of past clients and deals?

Harold Gunderson

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2023

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know if you can ask a firm for an accelerated SQE training, therefore start with the firm earlier? (subject to availability in that TC cohort, of course)

is this a thing? is it advisable to pursue?
I do not think this is a thing as they firm will want you to take the time to do the SQE as the exam is not a joke and a lot of people struggle and lose their offers so it is important that you are given all the time you need to fully prepare. So, I personally do not think this is a thing. I would just wait and see which cohort they want to place you in and, if you want to start your SQE earlier, you can ask them to do so.

Reactions: TakeAChanceOnMe

Solicitorinthemaking

Star Member
Premium Member
Dec 9, 2023
Hi all, I submitted my Hogan Lovells application yesterday but havent received a WG invite yet - is that normal? I thought they were automatic but maybe im not getting something
Does anyone applied Hogan Lovells received the WG ?
It took a three working days for me to get my WG invite after submitting my application. Submitted it last Thursday and got the invite this Monday, and some people in the group waited a little longer.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.