TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

r407

Standard Member
Mar 11, 2024
submitted my baker app last night and haven't got a confirmation email from the firm itself (only the one from CVmail). should i be concerned?
Probably yes, their email confirmations are automatic after submission. Their applications were rolling, so its possible they had already filled their quota for applicants to enter the next round.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: trainee2025

desperateTCseeker1998

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
Probably yes, their email confirmations are automatic after submission. Their applications were rolling, so its possible they had already filled their quota for applicants to enter the next round.
I don't think they've moved anyone on? I think they only reject people on a rolling basis, might be wrong though

I just checked my emails and I got two confirmation emails but the second one that looked like it was from Bakers is actually from a cvmail address, what did other people receive?

Reactions: spamelinazoid

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    The emails are always automatic. I sent my app last yr on the deadline and got 2 automatic ones, both from Cvmail. The 2nd one just has the AC provisional dates in it. And still got to the AC.

I got the same identical email this year as last year, only this time it was just the first one from cvmail.

“Rolling basis” doesnt mean they chuck out your app without reading it after a certain point. They just review them as they come in, as opposed to doing all after the deadline.

random6035

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 21, 2024
    I don't think they've moved anyone on? I think they only reject people on a rolling basis, might be wrong though

I just checked my emails and I got two confirmation emails but the second one that looked like it was from Bakers is actually from a cvmail address, what did other people receive?
    The emails are always automatic. I sent my app last yr on the deadline and got 2 automatic ones, both from Cvmail. The 2nd one just has the AC provisional dates in it. And still got to the AC.

I got the same identical email this year as last year, only this time it was just the first one from cvmail.

“Rolling basis” doesnt mean they chuck out your app without reading it after a certain point. They just review them as they come in, as opposed to doing all after the deadline.
    I've only got one from CVmail, do you think I should email to ask just to make sure they got my app?

ThorSK

Apr 7, 2021
    Quick Question!

I have an interview/AC coming up next week.

The firm don't know that after submitting my app I have started working in the same city as them and at an equally sized rival - I am looking forward to telling them at interview!

My Question is should I tell them about a vacation scheme I have accepted later in the summer? - I am anticipating a question along the lines of 'have you applied elsewhere?'

any answers are appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Quick Question!

I have an interview/AC coming up next week.

The firm don't know that after submitting my app I have started working in the same city as them and at an equally sized rival - I am looking forward to telling them at interview!

My Question is should I tell them about a vacation scheme I have accepted later in the summer? - I am anticipating a question along the lines of 'have you applied elsewhere?'

any answers are appreciated!
    Are you going to be able to get time off and approval from your current employer to work at a competitor?

ThorSK

Apr 7, 2021
    Are you going to be able to get time off and approval from your current employer to work at a competitor?
    Sorry ive explained it poorly.

I have an assessment centre with company A, i applied in december.

I work at company B, I joined in february. In the same city, both A and B are national/city firms.

I have a vac scheme in the summer for Firm C - this firm is also a national/city firm.

Company A do not know I have moved to the area, and work for their competitor. I think when I tell them this at interview it will sound good.

My question was, should I also tell firm A about my vacation scheme with Firm C that i have in the summer? Im guessing they will ask at interview/AC whether or not i have applied elsewhere.

I hope that makes more sense.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Sorry ive explained it poorly.

I have an assessment centre with company A, i applied in december.

I work at company B, I joined in february. In the same city, both A and B are national/city firms.

I have a vac scheme in the summer for Firm C - this firm is also a national/city firm.

Company A do not know I have moved to the area, and work for their competitor. I think when I tell them this at interview it will sound good.

My question was, should I also tell firm A about my vacation scheme with Firm C that i have in the summer? Im guessing they will ask at interview/AC whether or not i have applied elsewhere.

I hope that makes more sense.
    What opportunity is the AC for?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.