• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith at 6pm today to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

no like genuinely what did w&c even go off, when giving VIs selectively?? grades?? automatic filtering? genuinely so confused😭
Not sure, I made it to the final interview for a VS last year and I think my application/experience was much weaker than this year (not as many grades, I also now have a year plus of legal experience in a commercial area).

I took longer than I should have on the SJT as I did it whilst sick, and from reading this forum I approached the deal question a lot more pragmatically than suggested on here (incorporating why W&C which I touched on elsewhere in my app, etc), but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️.
 
no like genuinely what did w&c even go off, when giving VIs selectively?? grades?? automatic filtering? genuinely so confused😭
It was definitely scores from the SJT+WG and the question on the deal in the application. My application quality is always the same but my WG+SJT has always tanked me; I feel like I did better this time and hence managed to get the VI.
 
Not sure, I made it to the final interview for a VS last year and I think my application/experience was much weaker than this year (not as many grades, I also now have a year plus of legal experience in a commercial area).

I took longer than I should have on the SJT as I did it whilst sick, and from reading this forum I approached the deal question a lot more pragmatically than suggested on here (incorporating why W&C which I touched on elsewhere in my app, etc), but who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️.
wow ur profile sounds v competitive! no I approached the deal question in a similar way but yeah I guess we'll find out soon 😆
 

Find member