TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legalregal

Valued Member
Jan 13, 2021
Did anybody else secure a place on the Addleshaw Goddard Direct Training Contract Masterclass with AS? This is such a great opportunity and was wondering how people are preparing?
Hey! Do you remember the thing Zoe said AG had recently done using AI in the financial sector? In my notes I wrote down the Digital Innovation Group had digitised FFA's but I can't find anything about it anywhere so I must have got the acronym down wrong

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hey! Do you remember the thing Zoe said AG had recently done using AI in the financial sector? In my notes I wrote down the Digital Innovation Group had digitised FFA's but I can't find anything about it anywhere so I must have got the acronym down wrong
    Hey,

Zoe mentioned that AG is very proud of their Intelligent Delivery which touches on a lot of consulting services, outsourcing services - they're utilising AI in a way that other law firms aren't to be able, to help clients automate their documents, manage high volumes of information etc.. She said to cite clients, initiatives or transactions to show that level of detail.

Zoe said she was impressed by the Digitial Innovation Group because she has a background in financial services. It resonated with her that AG is working to help clients digitise in the FS space. What that means is that they help with the design of the delivery of end to end processes for a lot of their financial service clients, banks and alternative lenders (to help them work more efficiently). That's incredibly innovative because that is not traditionally what a law firm is set out to do. Also remember to consider the firm as a business and how this helps them maintain their competitive advantage.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: A.Diane01

Legalregal

Valued Member
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hey,

Zoe mentioned that AG is very proud of their Intelligent Delivery which touches on a lot of consulting services, outsourcing services - they're utilising AI in a way that other law firms aren't to be able, to help clients automate their documents, manage high volumes of information etc.. She said to cite clients, initiatives or transactions to show that level of detail.

Zoe said she was impressed by the Digitial Innovation Group because she has a background in financial services. It resonated with her that AG is working to help clients digitise in the FS space. What that means is that they help with the design of the delivery of end to end processes for a lot of their financial service clients, banks and alternative lenders (to help them work more efficiently). That's incredibly innovative because that is not traditionally what a law firm is set out to do. Also remember to consider the firm as a business and how this helps them maintain their competitive advantage.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks, that's a great help. You clearly take very good notes!

• Haha
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    I wish I could help but I don’t have any notes on this! I’m sorry :(

• 🤝
    Reactions: Jaysen

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    does anyone know if time is taken into account for a watson glaser test?
    coming back to this post, i scored 36/40 in one of my watson glaser tests but still did not make it through to the next stage. (The firm requires you to pass application stage to move on to the watson glaser and then the next stage) Unless everyone got really high i am so confused on why my application was not progressed? i thought i completed it with good enough time but im so unsure with everything right now

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    coming back to this post, i scored 36/40 in one of my watson glaser tests but still did not make it through to the next stage. (The firm requires you to pass application stage to move on to the watson glaser and then the next stage) Unless everyone got really high i am so confused on why my application was not progressed? i thought i completed it with good enough time but im so unsure with everything right now
    That might not be down to time.

The questions you didn’t get right may have been weighted more heavily.

You may also have been penalised for getting the “worst” answer on the questions you got wrong.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Morning guys, I have just been invited to an interview with the BoE and I am anxious. The interview involves a test followed by an interview which includes technical questions. Have you ever been interviewed by the BoE? Do you know what kind of written test is involved or what kind of technical question they might ask me?

Etudierlaw2022

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 10, 2021
    I asked a partner a question and didn't say thank you after he answered accidentally, because he immediately launched into asking if there were any other questions, was this extremely impolite? It wasn't intentional, I hope I didn't ruin my chances of getting a TC! I did thank him when he left the chat

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Morning guys, I have just been invited to an interview with the BoE and I am anxious. The interview involves a test followed by an interview which includes technical questions. Have you ever been interviewed by the BoE? Do you know what kind of written test is involved or what kind of technical question they might ask me?
    Is this for a legal role or a non-legal role?

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I asked a partner a question and didn't say thank you after he answered accidentally, because he immediately launched into asking if there were any other questions, was this extremely impolite? It wasn't intentional, I hope I didn't ruin my chances of getting a TC! I did thank him when he left the chat
    I doubt they even noticed!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    You certainly haven't ruined your chances of getting a TC - don't worry about this. If the partner started speaking before you could thank him, that's not on you.

Reactions: Etudierlaw2022

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Thank you guys, just overthinking every little thing lol

If you're prone to overthinking, the above thread might help you out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.