TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
This is a risk I would normally for direct TC applications but not Hogan Lovell. This is because Hogan Lovell has this rule that if you get rejected 2 times post-WG then you can't apply for them again that is why.
Thank you for your answer. However, I was thinking if they still places available for direct tc.

Luciana_Alioto

Nov 22, 2021
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone else is waiting on HSF to get back to them for the spring vacation scheme? I passed the SJT on Dec. 13th and I've been waiting since then for a reply. I'm not sure whether I should email them asking about the progress of my application:confused:

Reactions: TCApp2021

kat_

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
Hello, I was wondering whether anyone else is waiting on HSF to get back to them for the spring vacation scheme? I passed the SJT on Dec. 13th and I've been waiting since then for a reply. I'm not sure whether I should email them asking about the progress of my application:confused:
Last year I applied in November and received an answer in early February. I think they might still be going through them:)

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I've done a bit of reading on this, and as far as I can understand, it's being referred to as a joint venture because a new entity is being created which will contain Ennismore's lifestyle hotel/restaurant brands and Accor's lifestyle hotel brands. So it's not technically a merger between Ennismore and Accor in the classic sense - they jointly own (Accor owns 66.67% and Ennismore 33.33%) the new venture and will jointly operate their lifestyle brand hotels. The idea is to make the most of Ennismore's creative approach combined with Accor's scale. The links below helped me to understand:

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Please could I have tips on how to answer "If you could introduce any client to the firm, who would it be and why? Consider which practice areas or teams could take advantage of this new relationship"? I can deal with the second half but how do I start narrowing down potential clients

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Please could I have tips on how to answer "If you could introduce any client to the firm, who would it be and why? Consider which practice areas or teams could take advantage of this new relationship"? I can deal with the second half but how do I start narrowing down potential clients
    which firm is this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.