TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    How possible is it to defer vac scheme offers to the next application cycles (e.g., summer 2022 to winter 2022)? I understand that it will differ from firm to firm, but I'm wondering whether this is even an option

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How possible is it to defer vac scheme offers to the next application cycles (e.g., summer 2022 to winter 2022)? I understand that it will differ from firm to firm, but I'm wondering whether this is even an option
    It is possible in some circumstances and the easiest way to find out is to ask the firm - there is no harm in asking.

They will probably just want to understand your reasons for deferring though - for instance, if it is because you are accepting competing schemes, then the firm is less likely to offer this knowing your preference is with other firms and that you are likely to secure a TC from another firm ahead of 2023.

Most of the times I have done it, it is where personal circumstances (usually extenuating circumstances) have meant the individual cannot do the VS this time around.

Last edited:

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    It is possible in some circumstances and the easiest way to find out is to ask the firm - there is no harm in asking.

They will probably just want to understand your reasons for deferring though - for instance, if it is because you are accepting competing schemes, then the firm is less likely to offer this knowing your preference is with other firms and that you are likely to secure a TC from another firm ahead of 2023.

Most of the times I have done it, it is where personal circumstances (usually extenuating circumstances) have meant the individual cannot do the VS this time around.
    Thanks a lot Jessica :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.