TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What is the time you should wait before chasing up post interview?
I would always ask at the end of the interview/assessment centre when I would expect to hear back. And then give it 3 working days after that date if they hadn't come back by then.

If I hadn't asked or got clarity as to when I would hear back in the interview/assessment centre, I would first send a polite email asking when I might hear back, rather than asking for an outcome.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Also, congrats @Asil Ahmad on your paralegal role, you deserve it as you’ve work hard! 🎉
    It came up on my LinkedIn as @Jaysen commented on it.
    Thank you very much for this really appreciate it a lot.

Also for anyone looking for a paralegal role Integreon regularly do paralegal projects with law firms that require paralegals to review documents.

How important do you think it is to complete a forage virtual experience of the firm you have an upcoming AC for? I understand it shows a further investment in getting to know the firm but its so soon (alongside exams) that I'm stuck for time and would prefer to carry on with the other avenues of research. I'm not actually sure it's even checked and if I'd be asked about it but would love to know anyones thoughts.

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021
    Anyone know whether firms call or email for offers/rejections post-AC? Or does it depend on the firm? What is most common
    It is variable between firms, the firm I will be joining generally calls for offers and emails for rejections but I have had calls for rejections post-AC in the past also. A call is great as you have the opportunity to discuss feedback there and then as opposed to potentially long waits for anything contructive

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone know whether firms call or email for offers/rejections post-AC? Or does it depend on the firm? What is most common
    Most common - call to offer, email to reject.

But some firms will call even when it is a rejection. And some firms will email to offer, especially if they are super busy or have had trouble getting hold of you (I sent so many congrats emails just because people hadn't set up voicemails on their phone!).

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How important do you think it is to complete a forage virtual experience of the firm you have an upcoming AC for? I understand it shows a further investment in getting to know the firm but its so soon (alongside exams) that I'm stuck for time and would prefer to carry on with the other avenues of research. I'm not actually sure it's even checked and if I'd be asked about it but would love know anyones thoughts.

I don't think it is necessary to do it - a lot of people won't have the time to do so. You could always say you plan to do it in the Easter break/ahead of summer vacation schemes.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

summer207

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2021
    How important do you think it is to complete a forage virtual experience of the firm you have an upcoming AC for? I understand it shows a further investment in getting to know the firm but its so soon (alongside exams) that I'm stuck for time and would prefer to carry on with the other avenues of research. I'm not actually sure it's even checked and if I'd be asked about it but would love to know anyones thoughts.
    I personally don’t think it’s necessary. I didn’t do one for Weil and it never came up, I haven’t heard of it coming up in other ACs

I personally don’t think it’s necessary. I didn’t do one for Weil and it never came up, I haven’t heard of it coming up in other ACs
    I don't think it is necessary to do it - a lot of people won't have the time to do so. You could always say you plan to do it in the Easter break/ahead of summer vacation schemes.
    Thank you! Relieved much stress.

• 🤝
    Reactions: summer207

Romiras

Legendary Member
    Associate
    Apr 3, 2019
    I find it surprising that MC firms are doing this to be honest. Will be interesting to find out why when I catch up with them next.
    Is it surprising when there appears to be multiple candidates holding multiple MC VS (or even TC) offers and they their dates clash? I'd be interested to hear your perspective from Grad Rec. Presumably its because you don't want to lose a 'good'/'excellent' candidate? I did think it was rather scrappy that offers were being accelerated or heavily influenced by other MC offers, and at times, I found it a bit ridiculous that TC offers were being given from VS ACs as a result of competing VS offers.

Reactions: LS_1998
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.