TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFloe

Star Member
Sep 27, 2020
If we're doing a written exercise where we need to recommend one of three possible courses of action for a business, should I spend most of my comparing and contrasting the three in or focus more on using SWOT on the single course of action I think best?

Reactions: h1

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If we're doing a written exercise where we need to recommend one of three possible courses of action for a business, should I spend most of my comparing and contrasting the three in or focus more on using SWOT on the single course of action I think best?
I’d personally focus on the one you choose. If you explain the positives and negatives (and explain how to potentially mitigate the negatives), it should come across as a well considered answer.

If you have a follow up interview on the exercise, just be prepared to talk about the other options though.

However, I think you could do all three and still do well in the exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.