TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
For team work competency questions, is it ok to use examples where I was a team leader?
You can do, but remember they might also ask you to mention a time when you were a leader and it may not be good to use the same example twice. Try and think of any teamwork example, even if it's simple like a group project at uni!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks! I saw on Chambers Student that it was name blind but then the firm didn't mention anything about that. I've just finished it and I used my real name.
If they didn't mention it or it wasn't in the instructions of the exercise, then there is nothing to worry about. They may redact it out before it is marked if it needs to be name blind.

Reactions: lawstudent12345

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
SullCrom does take grads though, I applied as a postgrad (was rejected, but they had sent me their 'maybe pile' email and let me know the outcome the day after apps closed). I think there are some firms that don't let you apply in the same cycle for a Direct TC if you have been rejected for a VS - but not sure if W&C is one of them. NRF is also a firm with a sizeable direct TC intake if you are interested!
SullCrom grad rec specifically told me to apply for direct rather than VS.

Most firms don't let you apply direct after VS rejection same cycle, but I didn't go for W&C VS this year.

I like NRF but I've been told that they like to see an interest in litigation, which isn't really my bag. Might give it a crack though

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
@Jessica Booker Would it be a bit iffy to email grad rec and ask when I should hear back about my post-AC results? I did mine two weeks ago, and I haven't received anything yet. A person who I saw on my AC heard back last week and was unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.