TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

Reed Smith sending all the holding emails knowing they were just going to mass reject us later on

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I've spent this evening going through the firms I didn't apply for (with deadlines for today) and compiling a list of all the various VS application questions (just to use as practice). When I got to Mayer Brown, I noticed they were not asking any questions, nor did they request for a cover letter(?) Seemed odd, but I popped in a quick application anyway. Did anyone else notice this?
    Can you please send it to me also if you don't mind.

Reactions: ssolicitorz

iolitelegal

Jan 16, 2022
    MB has a whole raft of tests. First part is situational judgment, same kind of thing you'll have seen at links or A&O or Latham if you've done those.

Then there are some like, critical thinking and analytical tests, parts of which are similar to WG other parts I've only seen at MB.
    Thanks. I'm actually yet to do any tests as only recently began my apps, (aiming more for the winter vac schemes). Sounds fairly challenging(?)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but where should a law firm open a new office where they have one almost everywhere
    It will really depend on the firm. They won't have offices everywhere and can open multiple offices in a region/country/jurisdiction.

Break it down by:
    • Consider their practice areas and key client sectors
    • Are there locations their clients are basing themselves in either by HQs or large operational bases?
    • What economies might be growing or developing quickly?
    • Where are the hubs that new industries/sectors are in that the firm might be particularly of interest to the firm?
    • What political/economic changes are happening that might make it easier for clients and the law firm to operate there
    • Are there other benefits to opening an office there (e.g. off-shoring services)
    • Are there incentives to set up there - is the government providing some kind of incentive for businesses to operate out of there (including law firms).

• ℹ️
    • 🏆
    Reactions: IT7, tc_hopeful, GXA123 and 2 others

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Mar 2, 2020
    I heard back for the AC, I think they've been holding ACs for the past 3 weeks now. But I haven't got any information after that. Has anyone received any communication from them post-AC?
    Did they happen to tell you how long until you’d hear back? I just had mine and I wasn’t told how long it would be

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.