TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS07

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 23, 2020
I have done a VI one month ago and haven't heard back although I have seen VS offers from other offices. I was wondering whether it was acceptable to ask GR about when we would receive updates? I don't want to sound pushy when I know they are very busy. Thoughts please?

Reactions: GXA123

Homer

Star Member
Premium Member
Jan 12, 2021
I still haven't heard from Freshfield Direct TC, post WG (having done it on 29th january). Quite a few people have received AC invites already. Is it worth emailing and either asking for my WG results or an update on the app.

If so, in the email is it worth mentioning that i have vac schemes w a few other firms and final stage interviews with others, but would prioritise Freshfields over them? would this help them speed up the process?

Reactions: GXA123

Laurenbt2110

Star Member
Dec 13, 2021
I am trying to get in contact with Slaughters about receiving an early outcome because I have another offer which clashes with their potential dates and I need to reply to by the end of Monday. Wishful thinking but if i have tried the grad rec phoneline, the main reception phoneline and email does anyone know of another way I'd be able to get in contact with them?

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I am trying to get in contact with Slaughters about receiving an early outcome because I have another offer which clashes with their potential dates and I need to reply to by the end of Monday. Wishful thinking but if i have tried the grad rec phoneline, the main reception phoneline and email does anyone know of another way I'd be able to get in contact with them?
Well at this point try LinkedIn!
I know it may seem rude but you tried all the other options so extreme situations call for extreme solutions.

Reactions: George Maxwell

Bugsy

Jan 28, 2022
Does anyone know when we’ll hear back from Burges Salmon post-AC?
I was told that they don't get back to anyone until after they have done all the AC days and then had a meeting to discuss each candidate. The last AC day was Tuesday of this week, so it was possible they could get back today but given the time and that no one else on here has posted anything on here I would guess it won't be until next week now?

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    @Rob93 this is extremely eloquently put. Thank you for this post.

@catriona_g, I cannot add much to what Rob has said. However, what I will say is that I got a fair few rejections along the way and ended up where I wanted to be (at a firm I am proud of with a choice as to where I wanted to go). I know that @AvniD and @James Carrabino were/are the same. You are absolutely capable of doing the same.

With that being said, you will be a better candidate for having written that application or having completed that. interview. Take some time away from applications, focus your mind on something (anything!) which is not a law application. When you feel ready, come back to the process with a fire in your belly 🔥

We are all here to support you in this process (that's me, the rest of the team and the community too, as Rob demonstrated with their fantastic post). Please reach out if you need anything.

I am rooting for you 💪
    Thank you so much @Rob93 and @George Maxwell for your kind words! As suggested I took some time off yesterday before an interview this morning - and I think it went really well! Hopefully my PFO is, as you said, a learning opportunity!

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.