TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaPointOfNoReturn

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 9, 2022
I did my Mishcon VI this weekend- I had three questions, two were 60 seconds to prepare and then another 60 seconds to answer, one was 90 seconds to prepare and then 90 seconds to answer (although you can skip the prep time ahead if you're ready before it runs out). Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

Reactions: lekimdinger

lekimdinger

Junior Lawyer
Nov 24, 2021
I did my Mishcon VI this weekend- I had three questions, two were 60 seconds to prepare and then another 60 seconds to answer, one was 90 seconds to prepare and then 90 seconds to answer (although you can skip the prep time ahead if you're ready before it runs out). Hope this helps and best of luck! :)
Thank you so much for this, it is greatly appreciated. If I could just ask one more question, were the questions competency, motivational, firm-specific or a mixture?

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Has anyone heard from Taylor Wessing post-AC recently? I know they said last AC is 30th March but I'm impatient 🤠
Heard back just over a week after the AC. It really varies though I know last year some people heard back a couple days later some after all ACs for offers.

Reactions: OB

PastaPointOfNoReturn

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 9, 2022
Thank you so much for this, it is greatly appreciated. If I could just ask one more question, were the questions competency, motivational, firm-specific or a mixture?
Definitely a mixture, it was quite challenging to get everything I wanted to say into such a short response but I reckon everyone has the same struggle there, such are video interviews 😂

Reactions: lekimdinger

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Just received an update from Mayer Brown that they cannot give me an offer at this time, but they said they are looking at increasing the numbers on the vacation scheme so may be in touch in due course regarding an offer...

Has anyone encountered this situation before lol, or has anyone received the same email?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just received an update from Mayer Brown that they cannot give me an offer at this time, but they said they are looking at increasing the numbers on the vacation scheme so may be in touch in due course regarding an offer...

Has anyone encountered this situation before lol, or has anyone received the same email?
It is quite common, but even more so at the moment when they have issues with finding appropriate supervisors due to the increase in working from home.

Reactions: djqb

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi! 😊

Just wondering whether anyone has any advice on what to do between now and Summer Vacation Schemes? I am already a graduate and currently looking for a job. However, I have been lucky enough to secure two Summer VS (a two week one in June and a three week one in July) and don't know what jobs to apply to for between now and June. Was planning on trying to get a paralegal job, but I can't imagine any firm will let me have 5 weeks off in the summer for 2 vac schemes (with only one week between them), nor any firm wanting to hire someone for less than three months!

Would I be better off trying to find a temp admin job / something similar which is unrelated to law for between now and June?

@Jessica Booker wondering whether you might please have any insight on this?

Thanks all in advance!
You could work for Flex Legal or other such platforms that help you find freelance/temp legal work. If money is not an issue and you're simply looking to get some experience and put your skills to use, you could volunteer at a legal advice centre.

Reactions: Jessica Booker
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.