TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Still haven't heard back from Slaughters for Summer VS. Interviews are meant to start next week, and all my friends have either been rejected or invited to interview. Not sure what to do. How common is it for an application to slip through and be forgotten about?
Does happen on occasion - might be worthwhile sending them an email asking for an update.

It could be 101 other reasons why they haven't got back to you/why you haven't heard though, but there is no harm is a short and polite email asking for an update.

Reactions: User274302

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
This may be a silly question, but if I selected a slightly later (mid Jan) slot for the Slaughters interview, am I less likely to gain the place?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hey congrats! How long after completing the online test did they get back to you? Also do you know if they look at your application and online test score together or is there essentially a benchmark?
    Hi, I did my test on 17th December and got my invite yesterday so quite a quick turnaround :)

I'm not sure what they look for in reviewing, someone mentioned they might review the apps before you get the test then there's probably something they look for in the tests but I'm honestly not sure! My strengths were critical reasoning, growth mindset and credibility if that helps?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This may be a silly question, but if I selected a slightly later (mid Jan) slot for the Slaughters interview, am I less likely to gain the place?
    Very much doubt it, especially if it is only slightly later. They have a lot of vacation scheme spots to fill. They also have the ability to over/under offer if needed.

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
    Dec 21, 2021
    Hi, I did my test on 17th December and got my invite yesterday so quite a quick turnaround :)

I'm not sure what they look for in reviewing, someone mentioned they might review the apps before you get the test then there's probably something they look for in the tests but I'm honestly not sure! My strengths were critical reasoning, growth mindset and credibility if that helps?
    Thank you

Reactions: OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.