TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For the question discussing a commercial issue if it does not say anything about linking it to us should you still discuss how it will affect that firm's M&A department or is it okay to not link it back to how it will affect the firm.

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    CMS AC Invite! Was so worried because there were so many technical issues with my VI (they had to ask me to re-record my questions) and definitely was quite rambly!

If someone could give some insight on what I should expect, I would be incredibly grateful!

For some context in case anyone is wondering, I completed the VI on 13th December (This was after I was told to re-record as well!).

AP2000

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 22, 2021
    Hey! If anyone here has completed more than 3 A levels, how do you list your subjects in law firm applications? I submitted an application a few days ago and listed only my top 3 A level grades, leaving behind 2 results. Is that okay and if not, how serious of a mistake is it?

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    in ADDLESHAWs last question about ‘anything more you would like to add to support your application’ can I leave it blank? It’s not compulsory like the others and I’m not sure what it’s asking and don’t really want to repeat myself? If I have no extenuating circumstances I’m not really sure what to put

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    Hey! If anyone here has completed more than 3 A levels, how do you list your subjects in law firm applications? I submitted an application a few days ago and listed only my top 3 A level grades, leaving behind 2 results. Is that okay and if not, how serious of a mistake is it?
    Hi, you should always list all your grades! I just click the option to add another result and put mine in order of highest grades to lowest

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    in ADDLESHAWs last question about ‘anything more you would like to add to support your application’ can I leave it blank? It’s not compulsory like the others and I’m not sure what it’s asking and don’t really want to repeat myself? If I have no extenuating circumstances I’m not really sure what to put
    In my opinion, It's good not to leave it blank so long as you have something worthwhile to talk about. There was a similar question in the CMS app and I used to talk about when I was assigned a difficult task at work, how I went about tackling it, and what the outcome was. Since it isn't compulsory, I probably wouldn't spend too much time on it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.