TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg332dd

Valued Member
Apr 2, 2020
The best way IMO to elevate a 'why this firm' answer is by linking it back to your motivations. So if you say you like their training structure then you should ➡️ talk about where you found this information + how you know this is an important feature for your TC ➡️ and then round it off by stating how you think your career/training will benefit from this feature. I hope this helps?
helps a lot thank you!

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
I was just expecting a 'nice' interview from reading previous posts on here, etc about my skills and why Skadden. It sounded like it was very chilled. However, I found my interview to be quite commercial heavy. I guess it's my fault for not being prepared enough. We live and learn :)
I had the exact same experience, definitely was not expecting that level of difficulty for a TI.

• 🤝
Reactions: Law2022

Tcapplicant

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2019
If anyone went to CC's Live chat for Assessment Day prep or the webex link, do they mind sharing any useful takeaways or notes? I couldn't make the time.
Essentially be yourself! The interviewers are willing you to do well and there is a TC for everyone that applied as long as you are successful. Don’t panic.
Take things logically and commercially and you should be fine. Be concise and clear in your writing. You are given 35 mins to read and prepare your letter and prepare for the case study element of the interview.
Anything else feel free to PM me!

Reactions: AspiringSol
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.