TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Would you easily be able to get time off from your paralegal role to attend a VS with another firm (have you spoken to them about this)?
    Yes my current firm is open to me taking time off for VS as I can take non paid leave off. Also they suggested that I be doing VS applications to other law firms as they said don't put your options in 1 basket.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    ah, i hadn’t seen this requirement. will they reject my application at the outset if i only have 1 vac scheme and another upcoming scheme? have already applied but now regretting the decision
    They may consider your other experience - I don't think this is necessarily a straight no.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Adrian_S

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes my current firm is open to me taking time off for VS as I can take non paid leave off. Also they suggested that I be doing VS applications to other law firms as they said don't put your options in 1 basket.
    Then it is up to you really - I don't think there will be any issues with which one you choose. The vacation scheme will obviously help you work out if the firm is right for you too though.

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Then it is up to you really - I don't think there will be any issues with which one you choose. The vacation scheme will obviously help you work out if the firm is right for you too though.
    Thank you very much for this and agree about the thing about the VS as it is important to know if the firm is right for me.

edenA

Oct 6, 2022
    Just looking at all of the Linklaters questions for the Direct TC - I was thinking of applying as I am now working a legal role, but at the time of the application deadline I won't yet be at 4 weeks in this role as I'm only in my second week - however, it's a full-time permanent role so I'll be at four weeks in no time.

Is there any point even applying or if I currently can't say I've completed four weeks, does that mean it's an instant rejection? Thanks!

Would I be better off applying for a vac scheme with them?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just looking at all of the Linklaters questions for the Direct TC - I was thinking of applying as I am now working a legal role, but at the time of the application deadline I won't yet be at 4 weeks in this role as I'm only in my second week - however, it's a full-time permanent role so I'll be at four weeks in no time.

Is there any point even applying or if I currently can't say I've completed four weeks, does that mean it's an instant rejection? Thanks!

Would I be better off applying for a vac scheme with them?
    I'd apply anyway - you'll have the experience by the time your application was reviewed/you were potentially interviewed.

Reactions: AvniD

Polaranu

Star Member
    Jun 7, 2022
    We welcome applications from students who are available to commence their training contract in March or September 2023. Financial sponsorship for the LPC/SQE fees will be offered to successful candidates. For those wishing to commence a training contract in March or September 2023, the application window is open now and will close on 5 December 2021. Decisions regarding the next stage of the process will be communicated no later than the end of January 2022.

Please click on the link below to download our application form and submit all applications to Graduate Recruitment team at [email protected].

Download London Trainee Application Form here.
    Thank you! This says it was for last year - do you know if they’re recruiting/using the same form for this year? :)

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Thank you! This says it was for last year - do you know if they’re recruiting/using the same form for this year? :)
    God my attention to detail wasn't on show with this was it...

I don't know, I hope so. As I have sent an application using this particular method. However, I have not received a response as you do for other firms that do the same application process.

If you happen to find out that the application process has changed please do let me know.

mckelly

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 19, 2020
    @Jessica Booker I made a dumb mistake when filling in the Skadden application form by copy and pasting the wrong answers into different questions. Is it worth emailing to highlight this or just hope they figure that I made an unfortunate inversion of what otherwise is a very tailored application?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I made a dumb mistake when filling in the Skadden application form by copy and pasting the wrong answers into different questions. Is it worth emailing to highlight this or just hope they figure that I made an unfortunate inversion of what otherwise is a very tailored application?
    I don’t think it’s worthwhile highlighting unfortunately. They will be able to work out what’s happened.

Reactions: mckelly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.