TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawstudent10659

Standard Member
Premium Member
Sep 18, 2022
Hi, has anyone done the CMS Video Interview for their Summer Vacation Scheme yet? Just got an invite and was wondering if anyone has advice regarding what questions to prepare for, speaking time, etc. Thank you!

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I have seen many people on here comment 'I was in blah percentile', how do you find this out post-test?

I have done three with GFB this evening and received no post-test feedback as of yet.

Thanks in advance!

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    I have seen many people on here comment 'I was in blah percentile', how do you find this out post-test?

I have done three with GFB this evening and received no post-test feedback as of yet.

Thanks in advance!
    I think some firms give you your score if you email them asking for it, not sure which firms though

• ℹ️
    Reactions: sxw517

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    Hi does anyone here by any chance know what are DLA Piper summer internship dates?

Also, are they only running ONE scheme in the summer? The Apply page does say that international students can expect the scheme to be between the end of June and beginning of July - so I'm assuming they're only running one scheme which will be in this period? Or will there be a second scheme which will run in July or July - August 2023? I'm not sure

Hoping anyone who has had DLA Piper grad rec recently would be able to answer this Q? Or perhaps someone who was on their scheme last summer.

Last edited:
    Reactions: hanz123

jason_w1028

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 26, 2020
    Hi @Jessica Booker ,

For the application question "Please detail a specific example or instance where you have demonstrated resilience", how specific does the example have to be? Do my actions that demonstrate my resilience have to take place on the same day as/immediately after the resilience-inducing event, or would it be okay to detail an example where the actions I took to overcome the resilience-inducing event continued over several months after the event?

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker ,

For the application question "Please detail a specific example or instance where you have demonstrated resilience", how specific does the example have to be? Do my actions that demonstrate my resilience have to take place on the same day as/immediately after the resilience-inducing event, or would it be okay to detail an example where the actions I took to overcome the resilience-inducing event continued over several months after the event?

Thanks.
    It can be over any period of time. I think they are just looking for one example rather than people trying to showcase how they demonstrated resilience throughout their life.

As long as it comes under one example, I think it could be over any time period.

Reactions: Uvaia

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Am looking for advice - Lainklaters direct TC says you must have a minimum of 4 weeks commercial law experience and I have been working as a paralegal at an international law firm since August so am thinking of applying for their direct TC rather than their VS. Am wondering should I go down the TC or VS route.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Am looking for advice - Lainklaters direct TC says you must have a minimum of 4 weeks commercial law experience and I have been working as a paralegal at an international law firm since August so am thinking of applying for their direct TC rather than their VS. Am wondering should I go down the TC or VS route.
    Would you easily be able to get time off from your paralegal role to attend a VS with another firm (have you spoken to them about this)?

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Do you know where to find the application form please?

We welcome applications from students who are available to commence their training contract in March or September 2023. Financial sponsorship for the LPC/SQE fees will be offered to successful candidates. For those wishing to commence a training contract in March or September 2023, the application window is open now and will close on 5 December 2021. Decisions regarding the next stage of the process will be communicated no later than the end of January 2022.

Please click on the link below to download our application form and submit all applications to Graduate Recruitment team at [email protected].

Download London Trainee Application Form here.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Would you easily be able to get time off from your paralegal role to attend a VS with another firm (have you spoken to them about this)?

ah, i hadn’t seen this requirement. will they reject my application at the outset if i only have 1 vac scheme and another upcoming scheme? have already applied but now regretting the decision

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.