TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    At Skadden during either the vacation scheme or training contract, how does one get work, do you have to cold-email partners and knock on their doors to get work or are you placed in an office with a partner and associate and learn by osmosis and close relationship?

ria030

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 4, 2022
    Hi @Jessica Booker,
    Is it possible that BCLP changed the word count of the questions? I opened the applicaiton form and started working on it a coupleo of weeks ago and the word count for each question was the same as the one you have stated. However, I logged into the application today and the word count for the first 3 questions have changed to 500 words. Is this normal?
    Also really confused about this! Was looking to submit my application this weekend and had my answers capped at 200 words - the application says 500 words now?

B A

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 4, 2020
    Also really confused about this! Was looking to submit my application this weekend and had my answers capped at 200 words - the application says 500 words now?
    I'm not applying to BCLP, but this is really strange. I'm guessing it's just an error? Might be worth checking with someone from grad rec

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    It sounds like they changed the app back to the 500 word limit they had last year. It’s not clear why.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.