TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lw2000

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2021
I'm kind of confused about how to fill out Mishcon's activities/achievements section - are bullet points ok? are we supposed to go into more detail, for example, what skills the different activities taught you? Do music grades count as achievements or would that come under music in general as an activity?

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Oh no, I haven't got an offer yet. I haven't even submitted my application🤣 After submitting the application, we have to complete a 5 min automated video interview. I was just wondering how long we get before we have to complete it.
Im not really sure as this is a different format from my experience with the winter scheme application!

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Great, thank you! If I may ask, how did you find the VI and written assessment?
I thought the VI was short for time but just tried to be smiley / structured and written assessment similar kind of thing! I didn’t actually think my written assessment had very good content at all as I couldn’t quite grasp the theme of what they were asking so I focused on the structure and made sure to pay attention to specific requirements! Hope that helps

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021
    I thought the VI was short for time but just tried to be smiley / structured and written assessment similar kind of thing! I didn’t actually think my written assessment had very good content at all as I couldn’t quite grasp the theme of what they were asking so I focused on the structure and made sure to pay attention to specific requirements! Hope that helps
    Thank you so much! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: aishaalexandra

samni

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 2, 2020
    Is the Watson Glaser for freshfields automatically sent?
    I was wondering the same thing, it seems from the wording it may be automatic though.
    It's the next stage after your app has progressed

On their website:
    Following a successful application, we’ll invite you to take the Watson Glaser test, which is a psychometric test designed to assess your ability to assimilate information and understand situations.

Reactions: sxw517

readylawyer1

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 16, 2021
    If the Akin Gump WG says "If you wish to complete the test, please log back into your home page as soon as possible and in any event prior to midnight on Saturday 3 December" does that mean we have till the end of today or the end of tomorrow?

Turnthisstupidfatratyellow

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    I applied for Stephenson Harwood's winter vacation scheme as my first choice but put down spring and summer as the other choices. As winter offers have already been given/its too late, does that mean I am automatically being considered for spring and summer?
    I haven't received a rejection for winter
    Anyone heard from Stephenson Harwood 😵‍💫
    Has anyone heard anything from Stephenson Harwood?

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    If the Akin Gump WG says "If you wish to complete the test, please log back into your home page as soon as possible and in any event prior to midnight on Saturday 3 December" does that mean we have till the end of today or the end of tomorrow?
    Midnight on Saturday is midnight tomorrow, if it needed to be completed by midnight tonight it would say 'by midnight on Friday 2nd December'

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lily1234 and readylawyer1

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I strongly suspect they mean 23.59 on Saturday 3 December.

• 🤝
    Reactions: readylawyer1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.