Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Ok I just submitted my summer vac app for HL and in one of my vac scheme work experience, I made the following typo - "2 years, In 2022," . I should have typed in instead of In. Can anyone tell me if this is going to impact the overall prospect of my app being considered and whether I could change it? I am not sure how to use Vantage, seems very confusing as it did not allow me to preview the app.
Highly unlikely to be a major issue.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

In my CC application, I provided my uni results as grades for each module, i.e., 1st, 2.1, rather than a numerical score. I did this as the form asked for the 'grade'. Do you think this is an issue? Thanks.
I would normally suggest putting each individual modules result (usually as a percentage) rather than just a 2.1/2.2 etc

If you can update your application, I would try to change the grades to specific scores.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Could someone please share the application questions for Akin Gump's VS
What motivated you to pursue a career as a commercial Solicitor? Explain how you would add value as a Trainee in the London office of Akin Gump. (250)

Describe a particularly challenging experience you have faced and the way you dealt with it. (250)

What are the most important rewards you expect in your career? (250)

Identify a current commercial issue which has recently attracted your attention. Why do you consider it to be significant? Who are the key stakeholders in this situation and what are the implications for those concerned? (250)

Please give details of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements that will support your application. (250)

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
What motivated you to pursue a career as a commercial Solicitor? Explain how you would add value as a Trainee in the London office of Akin Gump. (250)

Describe a particularly challenging experience you have faced and the way you dealt with it. (250)

What are the most important rewards you expect in your career? (250)

Identify a current commercial issue which has recently attracted your attention. Why do you consider it to be significant? Who are the key stakeholders in this situation and what are the implications for those concerned? (250)

Please give details of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements that will support your application. (250)
Thanks Jess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.