TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

starman

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 21.21.33.png
    Hey everyone, I keep on having one specific problem with Apply4Law applications (ie Bird & Bird and Mayer Brown), that is, the Other grade field remains empty despite me putting a grade there and saving the page. Given that the grading of my GCSE equivalent is drastically different from that of GCSE, I cannot pick any grade in the Grade field. What should I do in this instance? Where can I put my grades - in Subject?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 21.20.03.png
      Screenshot 2022-10-04 at 21.20.03.png
      43.8 KB · Views: 5

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Many thanks for clarifying Jessica!!

Also, do you know what this question is getting at 'Please list any Postgrad Qualifications (other than GDL and LPC)'? There is a separate section for Postgraduate Education, so not sure what they mean by postgrad qualification?! This is for Sidley Austin app btw (in case anyone is wondering).
    I think this is just a slight quirk of their form. I would expect that the post-graduate qualifications would include anything you would include in the postgraduate education section (as they are one and the same). The only difference I can see, is that the first section is for those completed, while the education section could be any you are currently doing (but have not completed) or that you are committed to in the future.

Reactions: bibss

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    View attachment 4424
    Hey everyone, I keep on having one specific problem with Apply4Law applications (ie Bird & Bird and Mayer Brown), that is, the Other grade field remains empty despite me putting a grade there and saving the page. Given that the grading of my GCSE equivalent is drastically different from that of GCSE, I cannot pick any grade in the Grade field. What should I do in this instance? Where can I put my grades - in Subject?
    Could you put it in the "other grade" box at the bottom next to "other level"?

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    I think this is just a slight quirk of their form. I would expect that the post-graduate qualifications would include anything you would include in the postgraduate education section (as they are one and the same). The only difference I can see, is that the first section is for those completed, while the education section could be any you are currently doing (but have not completed) or that you are committed to in the future.
    Thank you!

starman

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Could you put it in the "other grade" box at the bottom next to "other level"?
    Thank you for your response, Jessica. The thing is that I keep on putting my grade there(Other grade) and saving the page, but then the field remains empty. I have contacted respective firms but have not received any response yet, hence my question here.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you for your response, Jessica. The thing is that I keep on putting my grade there(Other grade) and saving the page, but then the field remains empty. I have contacted respective firms but have not received any response yet, hence my question here.
    As it is not unique to the individual firms, I'd actually contact Apply4Law.

You can do so here: Contact Us - AllHires

• ✅
    Reactions: starman

samni

Valued Member
    Sep 2, 2020
    Davis Polk's website says the following: "We will be accepting applications for our summer 2023 vacation scheme from penultimate-year law undergraduates and law postgraduates between 1 December 2022 and 7 January 2023."

Am I right to read this as excluding graduates? Has anyone heard anything from grad rec or one of their events on this?

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Hi does anyone know if Linklaters is looking for a WG score as high as possible (The higher you are, the more advantages you have), or they just set a pass mark (As long as you pass they won't care about WG)?
    Since in previous years people with WG scores as low as 20s or 30s have been invited to AC, I suspect they just have a pass mark and don’t really give too much importance on how high you score.

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Hi guys,

On the Linklaters form, underneath the part where students enter their university grades, there's a textbox marked "Should you wish to share any further module-related information, please use the space below to add this information".

Would it be relevant to mention the criteria used by my university to gauge whether someone's achieved a First in a particular academic year?
    Also, would it be relevant to mention academic prizes won during my time at university (I presume the answer to this question is "no")?

@Jessica Booker

time2work

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 7, 2020
    For the question: Please tell us about a recent news article that interests you and how this relates to Ashurst. Would I be expected to cite the sources that I have used to formulate my response, and if so, how?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.