TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I think this is just a slight quirk of their form. I would expect that the post-graduate qualifications would include anything you would include in the postgraduate education section (as they are one and the same). The only difference I can see, is that the first section is for those completed, while the education section could be any you are currently doing (but have not completed) or that you are committed to in the future.
Thank you!

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Hi does anyone know if Linklaters is looking for a WG score as high as possible (The higher you are, the more advantages you have), or they just set a pass mark (As long as you pass they won't care about WG)?

starman

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Could you put it in the "other grade" box at the bottom next to "other level"?
    Thank you for your response, Jessica. The thing is that I keep on putting my grade there(Other grade) and saving the page, but then the field remains empty. I have contacted respective firms but have not received any response yet, hence my question here.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you for your response, Jessica. The thing is that I keep on putting my grade there(Other grade) and saving the page, but then the field remains empty. I have contacted respective firms but have not received any response yet, hence my question here.
    As it is not unique to the individual firms, I'd actually contact Apply4Law.

You can do so here: Contact Us - AllHires

Reactions: starman

samni

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 2, 2020
    Davis Polk's website says the following: "We will be accepting applications for our summer 2023 vacation scheme from penultimate-year law undergraduates and law postgraduates between 1 December 2022 and 7 January 2023."

Am I right to read this as excluding graduates? Has anyone heard anything from grad rec or one of their events on this?

bibss

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 28, 2020
    Hi does anyone know if Linklaters is looking for a WG score as high as possible (The higher you are, the more advantages you have), or they just set a pass mark (As long as you pass they won't care about WG)?
    Since in previous years people with WG scores as low as 20s or 30s have been invited to AC, I suspect they just have a pass mark and don’t really give too much importance on how high you score.

rose888

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    hi, if travers smith winter vac closes on 'Sunday 9th October at midnight' does this mean it closes on Sunday night, or Saturday night when it turns midnight?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    hi, if travers smith winter vac closes on 'Sunday 9th October at midnight' does this mean it closes on Sunday night, or Saturday night when it turns midnight?
    Usually means the day of the date mentioned (in the same way as university assignments).

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    Hi guys,

On the Linklaters form, underneath the part where students enter their university grades, there's a textbox marked "Should you wish to share any further module-related information, please use the space below to add this information".

Would it be relevant to mention the criteria used by my university to gauge whether someone's achieved a First in a particular academic year?
    Also, would it be relevant to mention academic prizes won during my time at university (I presume the answer to this question is "no")?

@Jessica Booker

time2work

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 7, 2020
    For the question: Please tell us about a recent news article that interests you and how this relates to Ashurst. Would I be expected to cite the sources that I have used to formulate my response, and if so, how?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys,

On the Linklaters form, underneath the part where students enter their university grades, there's a textbox marked "Should you wish to share any further module-related information, please use the space below to add this information".

Would it be relevant to mention the criteria used by my university to gauge whether someone's achieved a First in a particular academic year?
    Also, would it be relevant to mention academic prizes won during my time at university (I presume the answer to this question is "no")?

@Jessica Booker
    You don't need to include any details on how the university assessed your modules.

You could include any academic prizes for modules studied though.

Reactions: AvniD and pfoapplicant

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    For the question: Please tell us about a recent news article that interests you and how this relates to Ashurst. Would I be expected to cite the sources that I have used to formulate my response, and if so, how?
    You don't have to formally cite your source, but you can reference how/where you read/learned about the news story.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Am I able to just post my application answers on this forum for someone to review it? Is that allowed?
    We recommend using private message to do this. You can ask people whether they’d be happy to review your answers in the forums and then you can share your answers with anyone who says yes via private message.

Reactions: confusedlawstudent
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.