TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dib312

Standard Member
Sep 27, 2022
Any tips on passing Ashurts Online Tests?

Managed to reach the benchmark for HSF tests but my application then got weeded out. Feel like my ashurst application was a lot stronger, so really don't want to bomb the online test!
I think they’re very difficult to prepare for to be honest. The games especially were really different to any other test I’ve sat! I think maybe just make sure you’re calm/in a good quiet environment when you take them?

edenA

Oct 6, 2022
I wouldn't put work experience in this section.

You don't need to have attended HL events specifically - it can be any careers events, seminars, webinars or talks, whether virtually or in person.
I have attended some virtual insight days with other firms, would it be worth putting their names down even on an application for a different firm? For example I've attended some events with ashurst and burges salmon, should I say the event and firm name for the HL application, or just the event name? Thanks!

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I recently did the Linklaters CAPP assessment however by lowest scoring attribute was excellence. This is extremely disheartening as I always take pride in my work. How badly do you think this will affect my application?
Honestly it doesn’t matter. The report you get doesn’t tell you anything about how you performed in relation to other candidates. Try not to stress ✌🏻

Reactions: ellwilsen

starman

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Hi everyone, I've heard many opinions that the blended assessment by Simmons & Simmons is quite unusual in its form and complexity. Could anyone shed some light on it? Thank you!

Last edited:
    D

daisy_yawn

Hi,

Does anyone know what score Hogan Lovells require for their schemes? I'm confident I got AT LEAST 30 (I usually score 33-35) and I ended up getting rejected 3 hours after my test. I took the test just 3 days after having submitted and I'm on a high 2:1 overall so I'm quite lost.
    Do you mean the Watson Glaser? And you mean 30/40 right?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Jones Day are ruthless, a rejection 24 hours after applying :eek:
    One of two potential things:

1) It might be a basic eligibility criteria reason for that quick a decision

or

2) They haven't had a lot of applications yet and so its been easy for them to screen the applications in a (somewhat too) speedy manner

GOI983

Esteemed Member
    Sep 15, 2021
    One of two potential things:

1) It might be a basic eligibility criteria reason for that quick a decision

or

2) They haven't had a lot of applications yet and so its been easy for them to screen the applications in a (somewhat too) speedy manner
    Probably the eligibility criteria...

Achieved a 2:1 overall

However, despite their website stating that they do not have minimum grade boundaries for A-levels, one of the first questions on their app form was "have you achieved AAB at A-level?". I didn't (got ACC + A in EPQ), so I had the chance to enter mitigating circumstances, but still no luck...

Kind of strange really

Maariya

Jan 22, 2021
    Hi everyone!

I am completing the Clyde & Co online application form but can't seem to insert more than 4 work experience entries. Does anyone know if that's all we can put, or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for your help!

zizszhplum

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 20, 2022
    Hi guys! Does anyone have any experience with the Clyde & Co video assessment? I am confused as to whether it is like video interview style or SJT style or both?

starman

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Hi guys! Does anyone have any experience with the Clyde & Co video assessment? I am confused as to whether it is like video interview style or SJT style or both?
    would like to know this too :)
    I would say that the Clyde & Co’s assessment is a combination of SJT, around 6 video questions (can’t remember exactly) and 1 writing exercise. I hope that helps!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.