Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker question: firm A has offered me a vac scheme place, I've accepted. Firm B is still interviewing me on a final round AC. Do I go ahead with Firm B and see what happens? Or do I tell firm B I have an offer in hand. Firm B would be my first choice. Thanks.
Ultimately it is up to you how you want to approach this.

Given firm B is your first choice though, I don't see any reason why you couldn't proceed with the interview/final AC and see how it goes. You can always renege on firm A if needed.

If you got an offer for firm B, then you would have to choose which firm to proceed with, see if either firm had any flexibility with their vacation scheme dates, or see whether they could see you for a direct TC process instead.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
do spring or summer vacation schemes get more applications? does it make a difference which one i apply to?
Depends on the firm - some Spring applications get more apps, some summer schemes get more apps. I would always apply to what scheme works best for you, as the standard of candidates they invite to interview wont be any different between the two firms.

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
So I haven't heard from Taylor Wessing since completing the games assessment, so I just decided to log on to my account with them, and my application is no where to be seen. Should I assume PFO?
I wouldn’t assume anything because they did say that they would notify us of the outcome in January with the assessment centres being in February and March.

• 🤝
Reactions: confusedlawstudent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.