TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
Oct 14, 2022
I had my first ever vac scheme interview following the online app and WG test, it was a telephone interview that was stated to last around 20-25 minutes at the start of the interview, but ended up lasting 11 minutes only. I did answer very awkwardly but I tried not to be too brief. Since this is my first application cycle, I am unsure if this interview being relatively fast is a bad sign that perhaps the interviewer quickly made up their mind I am not an ideal candidate?
Was this for Akin Gump?

Jimpix

Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2022
So sorry to hear about all of the bird&bird rejections - I feel like they’re one of the few firms for whom rolling basis really is a thing (at least at application stage)
I definitely share this experience. I did a video interview for a vacation scheme at Bird & Bird in my second year of uni and was not offered an AC due to them being at capacity. Was told my application would be put on hold and fast-tracked for the AC next year, but they changed HR teams and backtracked on that. Didn't apply the next round out of spite lol.

Having said that, it's now been roughly 2 months since I completed my video interview for the direct TC. Would be nice to hear back. 😅

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
I definitely share this experience. I did a video interview for a vacation scheme at Bird & Bird in my second year of uni and was not offered an AC due to them being at capacity. Was told my application would be put on hold and fast-tracked for the AC next year, but they changed HR teams and backtracked on that. Didn't apply the next round out of spite lol.

Having said that, it's now been roughly 2 months since I completed my video interview for the direct TC. Would be nice to hear back. 😅
I imagine they'll take a while for a direct TC, so don't give up yet! I have my AC coming up for the Spring VS, and that's not until next month :)

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    do Hogan Lovells only review your initial written app after passing the watson glaser? or do that review both together?
    I think together because the WG is used to filter applicants who don’t meet the benchmark. I’m only speculating that from there they’ll use both to determine who to invite to the AC. I’m only guessing though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.