Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Is Shearman rolling or non-rolling? I was almost certain that applications were reviewed on a non-rolling basis, but having seen some applicants receive invitations to interview before the deadline, I'm no longer sure - for context, I think this happened once before the winter deadline and another time before the spring/summer deadline. Just wondering now if I've applied too late into the cycle 😅

Reactions: ssolicitorz

Ghana M.

Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 24, 2020
Is Shearman rolling or non-rolling? I was almost certain that applications were reviewed on a non-rolling basis, but having seen some applicants receive invitations to interview before the deadline, I'm no longer sure - for context, I think this happened once before the winter deadline and another time before the spring/summer deadline. Just wondering now if I've applied too late into the cycle 😅
I attended their open day, and they said it was non-rolling. It is there on their website too.

I hope you hear from them soon! x

• ℹ️
Reactions: Adrian_S

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How would you go about answering:
'Describe an unusual situation you have found yourself in, challenging, humorous or otherwise'
I'd personally try to focus on something unique first - think of any circumstances that you think very few people would have experienced. I don't think it really matters what it is, especially given the direction of it potentially being humourous.

Then I would focus the description on why it was challenging/humourous/otherwise (and if otherwise, define what the otherwise is very clearly), but then also have a reflective aspect of the situation, explaining what you learned/gained/took from the experience.

Turnthisstupidfatratyellow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2021
I have an RPC AC on Wednesday, which I'm looking for some advice on.

There's a business case study, for which you have to produce a written argument before presenting your work to two people. And there's an interview consisting of competency, motivational and situational questions.

I'm not nervous about the first exercise. Everyone is given the same material and you just have to apply your critical reasoning.

But the interview sounds really demanding. According to previous TCLA posts it's over an hour long. Does anyone who has experience with RPC know particular questions they tend to ask? Or do others who have done ACs with other firms know the most common competency/situational/motivational questions (apart from why law, why this firm, example of juggling competing deadlines)? As you can probably guess this is my first ever interview with a law firm. Any help is appreciated.
when did you get your ac invite?

jomar

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 20, 2022
Did anyone else get this from Cooley?

Cooley were very fortunate to receive a good number of impressive applications this year and a very high proportion of those applications were submitted on the deadline. We are continuing to diligently review applications. We are aiming to contact applicants who have been shortlisted to the second stage of our selection process (a 30-minute online critical thinking assessment) by Thursday 2 February 2023 via email.

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
I’ve heard that links only accepts direct TC applications if the applicant had a vacation scheme or full time paralegal experiences at other firms. Does that hold true for all firms?

axbg

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 5, 2023
I’ve heard that links only accepts direct TC applications if the applicant had a vacation scheme or full time paralegal experiences at other firms. Does that hold true for all firms?
tbh i applied with any of those things so i dont think its true but yet again idk cause i havent heard back

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.