TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

laubedusixjuin

Esteemed Member
Oct 14, 2022
Someone might have asked already, but anyone know whether Debevoise sends all Open Day invites in one go or if they’re over time? I know there are multiple open days, but didn’t see as many people here get an invite as would be expected

Chouette

Star Member
Jan 14, 2023
Someone might have asked already, but anyone know whether Debevoise sends all Open Day invites in one go or if they’re over time? I know there are multiple open days, but didn’t see as many people here get an invite as would be expected
From what I saw on this portal - ppl last year all got invites on like Feb 1 - and all pfo on Feb 10. Please someone correct me if I am wrong

NA27

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 19, 2020
Anyone heard back from Hogan Lovells about interviews? I haven't heard anything since submitting my application and completing the WG last year.
I saw someone in this forum earlier commenting that they did an AC with HL? I am not sure if it’s for the vac schemes / direct TCs, but I am waiting to hear back too.

Reactions: semicolon;

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    Hi! Did you get a response to this? Whenever I access the application there is only one question (Can you tell us about a recent commercial issue you have been following – why have you found it interesting?), and no reference to a personal statement.
    That’s weird I have a life history section and a personal statement section with nothing in. I am going to email Grad Rec and check.

ria030

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 4, 2022
    Does Hogan Lovells send an automatic WG for direct TC's?

I applied last month and still have not received anything but not sure if I should have!

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    Just chased CMS re my VI and they said that they filled all their AC spots. They are waiting with sending out rejections in case anyone drops out of the AC.

Very disappointing because I sent my app before other people who have progressed more quickly...
    When did you complete the VI? This is so disappointing :((

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I think this may be more directed to @Jessica Booker, but could anyone possibly explain how the firms mark our written case studies? Who looks over it and is it taken into account alongside the interview performance?
    Can be graduate recruitment or lawyers in the firm that mark it. It will usually be taken into consideration with other assessments (but that is the case for any exercises done at the same time).

R1a01

Distinguished Member
    Nov 4, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica, I was hoping to get your thoughts on this.

I had an interview with a firm exactly one week ago and have not heard back. However other candidates have either progressed to an AC a day or two after or received PFO's post interview this week.

Would this suggest that I have been put on hold or on a waitlist and should I reach out to GR?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.