TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawstudent1

Oct 19, 2022
I'm not gonna name the firm because Idk how firms feel about you revealing the questions they use for interviews but guys when I say I almost broke out laughing, why the hell would the ask me for a pre-recorded interview when I only had 60 secs to prepare: "What new law would I like to implement and why?" and "What is the worst job I have ever had?" Again, I'm not gonna name them, but they are a top firm in regards to revenue so I was expecting more commercial questions, not ice breaker trivia
Perhaps they are looking for people who can think on their feet, and under pressure, as opposed to people that can provide a basic evaluation of a Financial Times article, having prepared it and rehearsed it 15 times in the hour preceding the interview.
Further, interview questions asking something negative give you a very good insight into the way people are and how they react/view things. It is an exceptionally common interview technique, and tells you a lot more about someone's personality than "tell me how an LBO works".

toribabylawyer

Star Member
  • Sep 5, 2022
    Hey everyone,

I was just doing some research on what topics to focus on for the commercial awareness part of the interviews and ChatGPT is quite a hot topic atm.

I just wanted to ask do you think that is a good topic for me to speak about? I am not sure on how to approach it.

If you could please let me know your thoughts that would be great :)
    honestly, I'd rather talk about something more low-key than a hot topic. so far, its served me well in interviews

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Does anyone know if CC ACs are still taking place? I received an email in December saying they would let me know this week if there were any spaces left on an AC so was wondering if anyone knows where they are at with recruitment atm? Is anyone else in the same position and waiting to hear if they've got an AC this week? If so, feel free to message me!
    I’m in the same position (re an AC for TC)!

Reactions: divaination and F99

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    I received an invite to complete the Withers test, and it states the following re the deadline: "You will have 7 days in which to complete the assessment before the URL link expires (please note, the 7 day period includes the day in which you receive the assessment link)".

So if I received the link last Wed, when would the date and time of the deadline be? I think it would be Tuesday 7th but would anyone know what time?

I believe it is a test provided by Capp.

@Jessica Booker - would you be able to help here?

billyonthespeeddial

Jan 21, 2023
    I received an invite to complete the Withers test, and it states the following re the deadline: "You will have 7 days in which to complete the assessment before the URL link expires (please note, the 7 day period includes the day in which you receive the assessment link)".

So if I received the link last Wed, when would the date and time of the deadline be? I think it would be Tuesday 7th but would anyone know what time?

sounds like Tuesday at 23:59 to me

Reactions: Dwight

candyfloss4534

Oct 21, 2022

Hey, if you're able to, I would recommend completing the test asap as I think Withers reviews on a rolling basis. I got invited to an interview the day after I submitted the test and the slots were for this week so they are definitely actively interviewing atm. Hope this was useful!

Jacobbb

Sep 14, 2020
    I have an upcoming 30 min interview with Withers this week, any tips of questions they might ask that would be specific to Withers (ofc other than why us, why our practices etc)? Has anyone done this recently? Mostly did ACs with more finance focused firms in the past so any insight would be super valuable. <3

Reactions: aishaslm

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

It will most likely be 23.59 on Tuesday.

Reactions: Dwight

FutureTraineeWannabe

Star Member
    Aug 4, 2022
    Does anyone know if CC ACs are still taking place? I received an email in December saying they would let me know this week if there were any spaces left on an AC so was wondering if anyone knows where they are at with recruitment atm? Is anyone else in the same position and waiting to hear if they've got an AC this week? If so, feel free to message me!
    The CC AC's finished last week I believe but if they don't fill up the spaces up the on hold applicants will know this week I think x

Reactions: F99

lolamcd1

Esteemed Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    Hey, if you're able to, I would recommend completing the test asap as I think Withers reviews on a rolling basis. I got invited to an interview the day after I submitted the test and the slots were for this week so they are definitely actively interviewing atm. Hope this was useful
    I completed the online test last night! were there interview slots for next week?? Hoping it wasnt too late to have done it on a rolling basis!!😅😅😅

candyfloss4534

Oct 21, 2022
    I completed the online test last night! were there interview slots for next week?? Hoping it wasnt too late to have done it on a rolling basis!!😅😅😅
    I was only able to see slots for 6-8 feb (received the invite on 3 feb) but I’m sure they’ll have more next week if people’s deadline to complete the capp test is this week!! I should note i applied for the spring one, maybe that’s why they were so fast

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.