TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckelly

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2020
Has anyone contacted the Jones Day Grad Rec team regarding the answers on the application form turning into one huge paragraph – essentially line breaks and paragraph breaks just turning into spaces on the preview screen. All my responses have paragraph and line breaks but on the preview screen doesn't display any.
Don't worry - I had the same 'problem', but in reality it was just a formatting issue our end

Reactions: CorpLawyer00

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
The Kirkland & Ellis cover letter is only 400 words - do we still have to include the cliché CL introduction where we say what stage of study/work we are at and that we are applying for a vacation scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The Kirkland & Ellis cover letter is only 400 words - do we still have to include the cliché CL introduction where we say what stage of study/work we are at and that we are applying for a vacation scheme?
You don’t have to do this in any cover letter, let alone K&E’s.

purplestar20

Sep 11, 2022
Regarding Gibson Dunn, I had a first stage interview this week and the Graduate Recruitment team said that whilst a decision on whether to progress your application or not to the second (final) stage will come within 1-2 weeks, the second round of interviews will not take place until the new year.
hi! when did you apply and how long did It take to hear back from them re getting a 1st stage interview? :)

di

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
What do you find attractive about Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner's sectors/departments and which area(s) are you interested in having exposure to in your Training Contract and why? (Max 200 words)

In your first 3 months as a trainee at BCLP, who would you seek to build relationships with, and what strategies would you implement to ensure that these relationships are long lasting? (Max 200 words)

Imagine you are a trainee at BCLP and you have been working on a task for an associate in the Finance department. The associate is away and a partner in the department urgently wants a summary note of the research to send to a client, and has asked you to send it to them by tomorrow morning. How would you react? (Max 200 words)

Please tell us about a time where you failed at something; what was the situation and how did you react? (Max 200 words)
Hi @Jessica Booker,
Is it possible that BCLP changed the word count of the questions? I opened the applicaiton form and started working on it a coupleo of weeks ago and the word count for each question was the same as the one you have stated. However, I logged into the application today and the word count for the first 3 questions have changed to 500 words. Is this normal?

• Wow
Reactions: Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    What would be legal tech challenges for law firms. I am thinking of innovation things like Fuse that law firms use and what would people say are the challenges for law firms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.