TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    out of curiosity, if you got to an assessment centre interview and kept calling the war a 'special military operation' during the 'what news story interests you' question, would it count as discrimination if they didn't hire you because of it?
    What a question lol! Describing it as Putin did? I doubt that would lead to them not hiring you.

I guess if you kept suggesting you were sympathetic to Russia, it might be slightly questionable.

However, I don't know, unfortunately, I guess you will only find out when you hear back re the interview.

Out of curiosity, why were you calling it a special military operation?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Reactions: Lucyy

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    out of curiosity, if you got to an assessment centre interview and kept calling the war a 'special military operation' during the 'what news story interests you' question, would it count as discrimination if they didn't hire you because of it?
    No - even if it could be proved that is why you were unsuccessful.

Reactions: Adrian_S

kmo20

Legendary Member
    Jan 20, 2023
    Hi, what sort of topic can the questions I ask at the end of an interview with graduate recruitment be? Can I ask something more specific about the legal profession or should it focus more on the training/vacation scheme process?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi, what sort of topic can the questions I ask at the end of an interview with graduate recruitment be? Can I ask something more specific about the legal profession or should it focus more on the training/vacation scheme process?
    I would ask something you genuinely want to find out more about in relation to the firm that would help you work out whether the firm is right for you, but that isn't something very obvious/you could easily find out on the frm's website.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.