TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan1101

Distinguished Member
  • Jul 16, 2022
    So I applied to this national firm a while ago for a work placement and I just got a connection request from their early careers officer who I added on LinkedIn. Is this a coincidence or a good sign?

adamBS

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2021
    Anyone heard back from Walker Morris post-AC?

Also for anyone waiting on HL for direct TC they said they're reviewing over the next few weeks and should be sending out AC invites within this period.

mariistm

Distinguished Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    Does anyone have any advice during the wait? I feel like I’m constantly checking emails etc and that every day I don’t hear something it reduces my chances of having a positive outcome 😭
    I’m in the exact same position! i just try to think it’s out of my hands, and if I eventually get a call it will be good news, if I don’t get a call at the end of the day I will check my emails for a rejection

Reactions: aspiringlawyerr

letsgetlitt23

Feb 28, 2023
    What type of written exercise is it? Is it more of a case study or a proof reading exercise?

This thread here is particularly useful for negotiation exercises: Definitive Guide to Assessed Negotiations! *Monday Article Series* | The Corporate Law Academy Forum . I would definitely advocate the collaborative approach to negotiating that Jacob mentions more so than the competitive one.
    @Jessica Booker ,they didn't say in the email. Am I allowed to ask? I thought them giving very little detail in the email was a suggestion that we're not allowed to know much about the assessments.

Thank you so much for the link really appreciate it!

Samir_O

Legendary Member
    Oct 5, 2021
    just received an invite for the Mayer Brown trainee job simulation!!! anyone got any tips or insight as to how to prep/what the test consists of? especially nervous for the video interview element - what type of questions does this part cover (i.e. commercial awareness, about the firm, SJ, all of the above?) guidance would be greatly appreciated !!

Sarah T

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    just received an invite for the Mayer Brown trainee job simulation!!! anyone got any tips or insight as to how to prep/what the test consists of? especially nervous for the video interview element - what type of questions does this part cover (i.e. commercial awareness, about the firm, SJ, all of the above?) guidance would be greatly appreciated !!
    If you don't mind me asking were you mostly scoring either average or above average in their tests? I am just trying to work out if you need a certain score to get through to the digital simulation.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker ,they didn't say in the email. Am I allowed to ask? I thought them giving very little detail in the email was a suggestion that we're not allowed to know much about the assessments.

Thank you so much for the link really appreciate it!
    If it is a case study format, the following practice assessments might give you an indication of how the format might play out:

If it is more of a proof-reading and drafting exercise then these posts will be helpful:

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....-discussion-thread-2021-22-1.4199/post-117185

https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....cheme-applications-discussion.2732/post-76323

Reactions: letsgetlitt23
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.